How to Import/Export custom post types
Enfold uses custom fields to store the template builder data. it’s really easy to add these fields to the export/import file using a plugin like WP Import/Export All
- Go to All Export > New Export on the admin page and select the post type you would like to export (i.e. “Pages”).
- Click “Customize Export File”
- On the next page select “All Custom Fields” and “All Other” cards from the tabs and to drag and drop these cards to the left area. ( Because by default the plugins will not export/import custom fields ).
- After you added all required fields to the left area click on “Continue” and then click “Confirm & Run Export” button.
- Once the export process finishes click the “Bundle” to download the export files.
- The “Bundle” also contains a configuration file which automatically configures the import script if you want to import the data on another website/server.
- To import the “Bundle” go to “All Import” > “New Import” on the WordPress admin page.
- Select the “Upload a file” button. The “Bundle” configuration file will automatically select the right post type for you and you just need to click on the “Continue to Step 2” button.
- You can ignore the next settings page and click on the “Continue to Step 3” button.
- On the next page, you’ll notice that the “Custom Fields” tab at the bottom is already configured and contains the custom fields you exported before.
- Check if necessary fields are configured, then click on “Continue to Step 4”.
- On the next page click on “Continue”, then “Confirm & Run Import” and the import process will start.
That’s it – you successfully exported/imported your entries including the Enfold template builder data.