Tagged: enfold update
October 25, 2018 at 3:53 am #1026182
I know there has been a few threads happening in regards to this, but I am still struggling to update the theme.
A new Version (4.5) of your Parent Theme (Enfold) is available! You are using Version 3.7.1.
When I click update this message pops up: An error occurred while updating Enfold: Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.
I have downloaded the plugin that was recommended to everyone, but again am struggling.
Could you please assist?
Thank you,October 25, 2018 at 8:42 pm #1026535October 26, 2018 at 4:36 am #1026617October 26, 2018 at 3:10 pm #1026830
Can you please check server log for error?
Here is how to find it: http://snapcreek.com/blog/wordpress-error-log-friend/
VictoriaOctober 27, 2018 at 7:33 am #1026984
I am still having trouble.
I am trying to re-upload the theme but it is now coming up with this message:
The link you followed has expired.
I have tried multiple times.. but it keeps happening.
I don’t know what to do next.
Is there an IT Support that I can contact?
AlenaOctober 27, 2018 at 3:17 pm #1027048
Have you also tried to update via FTP already?
If not, please try the following guide in order to update to Enfold v4.5.
Update your website manually via FTP:
1) Make a full backup of your website using a backup plugin.
2) Safe the backup somewhere outside from the webserver of your website (e.g. on your local computer or in any cloud storage you trust).
3) Sign out from your WordPress website.
4) Go to your themeforest account, sign in and download the updated Enfold v4.5 to your computer. Extract it and search for the file enfold.zip. Extract this file as well to already have your folder ready to be uploaded.
5) Sign in to FTP or SFTP using FileZilla or any other tool which is able to do that.
6) Go to the folder ./wp-content/themes and search for “enfold”. If you want, you can download the enfold folder to your computer as well (just in case you want to restore if afterwards which is easier like that than using the whole backup).
7) Delete the folder enfold via FTP. This may take 5-10min, depending on the server speed obviously.
8) Wait until it is finished and the enfold folder is gone. If that is the case, upload the “new” enfold folder including v4.5 to your website in the same directory.
9) Sign in to your WordPress website again and go to the Enfold tab (or the one from your child theme). Scroll down to the tab called Theme Update.
10) Your current API token will not work anymore as Envato changed some stuff on their API. Therefore you need to remove your current key and generate a new private key as visible in your themeforest account under “Settings” -> “API keys”. Go to https://build.envato.com and follow the steps there. To me, https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/how-to-install-enfold-theme/#toggle-id-5 was also very helpful (scroll down a bit there to find out about the permissions your private API key needs in order to check for future Enfold updates). Without these permissions it will not work.
11) Enter your generated Envato key in an incognito/private mode browser window. After revalidating your new private key within the Enfold update tab, you should see a blue rectangle saying when it could be checked for the last time.
I hope this helps!
MichaelAugust 16, 2019 at 9:18 pm #1128379
I am having a similar problem, the plugin did not solve it, but did the ftp backup and install do the trick? It’s creating extra cloned sections on my site.August 17, 2019 at 5:29 am #1128431
I see that you are still using an old version of the theme, does this problem happen after you have updated?
RikardSeptember 8, 2019 at 5:02 pm #1135662
I have a token set but when I try to renew it or check it I get the following error message:
Last time we checked the token we were not able to connected to Envato:
Purchases could not be accessed
Username could not be accessed (needed for your information only)
E-Mail could not be accessed (needed for your information only)
Following errors occured:
Purchases: Errorcode 403 returned by Envato: Forbidden:
– response_code: 403
– reason: scope-missing
username Errorcode 403 returned by Envato: Forbidden:
– code: not_authenticated
email Errorcode 403 returned by Envato: Forbidden:
– code: not_authenticated
Purchases: A problem occured accessing your purchases. Unable to check for updates.September 8, 2019 at 5:04 pm #1135664September 8, 2019 at 6:07 pm #1135679
The topic ‘Enfold Theme not updating’ is closed to new replies.