January 14, 2021 at 9:00 pm #1272529
Joaquim de Paulo
In our website we have Enfold Version: 4.5.7.
It was installed by web designer company but I don’t have contact with them anymore.
Recently I had to upgrade WordPress to the latest version but noticed the menu stopped displaying in responsive(mobile).
I dont have the purchase code it was with the web designer company.
If we have to purchase again the them that is fine.
Question do we just install over the the existing theme version ?
Look forward to your feedback
JoaquimJanuary 15, 2021 at 11:49 am #1272671
Hi Joaquim de Paulo,
Thanks for contacting us!
Since you are using Enfold 4.5.7, theme updates on that version uses API keys however Envato/ThemeForest have transitioned from using API keys to update into using tokens thus you can’t update via API keys so to update to the latest version you’ll need to do the manual process, please follow the procedure below once you have purchased Enfold:
Backup your site:
– Site Backup: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/backup-wordpress-site/
– Theme Settings Backup: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/backup-theme-settings/
Then do the following steps:
1. Login to ThemeForest and download the Enfold theme, right-click over the downloaded zip file and extract/unzip it.
2. It should generate a new folder, open it and look for the enfold folder
3. Right-click the enfold folder then zip it, here’s a tutorial on how to create a zip file in windows: https://www.howtogeek.com/668409/how-to-zip-and-unzip-files-on-windows-10/ (this should create enfold.zip
4. Log in to WordPress as and Admin.
5. Install and activate a maintenance plugin and put your site in Maintenance mode.
6. Go to Appearance > Themes, switch to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty then delete Enfold.
7. Click on the ADD NEW button.
8. Click on the UPLOAD THEME button.
9. Click BROWSE and choose enfold.zip file
10. Click the INSTALL NOW button and switch to Enfold or your child theme.
11. Remove the maintenance mode then deactivate and remove the maintenance plugin.
Register the theme by following the instructions in https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/theme-registration/
Once this is done, the next time you update, you’ll only need to go to Enfold > Theme Updates and click on the Update button.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.