April 8, 2021 at 8:44 am #1293206
We are using this theme and got a notification to update the theme. But we are having trouble updating the theme it shows some error can someone please help us out to solve this problem. It says “An error occurred while updating Enfold: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.”April 8, 2021 at 5:42 pm #1293359
Please follow the steps below:
Make a backup:
– Site Backup: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/backup-wordpress-site/
– Theme Settings Backup: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/backup-theme-settings/
Option 1: Use Envato Market to update your site
– link: https://envato.com/market-plugin/
Option 2: Update manually
1. Login to ThemeForest and download the Enfold theme, right-click over the downloaded zip file and extract/unzip it.
2. It should generate a new folder, open it and look for the enfold folder
3. Right-click the enfold folder then zip it, here’s a tutorial on how to create a zip file in windows: https://www.howtogeek.com/668409/how-to-zip-and-unzip-files-on-windows-10/ (this should create enfold.zip
4. Log in to WordPress as and Admin.
5. Install and activate a maintenance plugin and put your site in Maintenance mode.
6. Go to Appearance > Themes, switch to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty then delete Enfold.
7. Click on the ADD NEW button.
8. Click on the UPLOAD THEME button.
9. Click BROWSE and choose enfold.zip file
10. Click the INSTALL NOW button and switch to Enfold or your child theme.
11. Remove the maintenance mode then deactivate and remove the maintenance plugin.
Register the theme by following the instructions in https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/theme-registration/
Once this is done, the next time you update, you’ll only need to go to Enfold > Theme Updates and click on the Update button.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.