January 24, 2023 at 7:22 pm #1394985
I get the following message when trying to edit text box and no text is showing under visual tab: “It seems you are currently adding some HTML markup or other special characters. Once all HTML tags are closed the preview will be available again. If this message persists please check your input for special characters and try to remove them.”January 25, 2023 at 8:23 am #1395078
Is this showing on all pages? or only in specific pages?
Please post us your login credentials (in the “private data” field), so we can take a look at your backend.
- Install and activate ” Temporary Login Without Password “.
- Go to ” Users > Temporary Logins ” on the left-side menu.
- Click ” Create New “.
- Add the email address for the account ( you can use (Email address hidden if logged out) ), as well as the ” Role ” making that the highest possible and the expiry about four days
( to be sure that we have enough time to debug ).
- Click ” Submit “.
- You’ll now have a temporary account. Please provide us here in the private section the URL, so we can login and help you out.
When your issue is fixed, you can always remove the plugin!
If you prefer to not use the plugin, you can manually create an admin user and post the login credentials in the “private data” field.
NikkoJanuary 25, 2023 at 12:02 pm #1395122January 25, 2023 at 2:53 pm #1395149
The link should look like this, please check:
NikkoJanuary 25, 2023 at 3:15 pm #1395154January 25, 2023 at 3:56 pm #1395178
Thanks for giving us admin access.
It seems that you are using a very old version of Enfold (4.3) which was released in April 2018, please try to update the site to the latest version (5.4).
The current version you are using is still using the old API (username and API key) which envato has already deprecated therefore you can’t update it with the usual method.
You can do the following process instead:
First make a backup:
– Site Backup: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/backup-wordpress-site/
– Theme Settings Backup: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/backup-theme-settings/
Option 1: Use Envato Market to update your site
– link: https://envato.com/market-plugin/
Option 2: Update manually
1. Login to ThemeForest and download the Enfold theme, right-click over the downloaded zip file and extract/unzip it.
2. It should generate a new folder, open it and look for the enfold folder
3. Right-click the enfold folder then zip it, here’s a tutorial on how to create a zip file in windows: https://www.howtogeek.com/668409/how-to-zip-and-unzip-files-on-windows-10/ (this should create enfold.zip
4. Log in to WordPress as and Admin.
5. Install and activate a maintenance plugin and put your site in Maintenance mode.
6. Go to Appearance > Themes, switch to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty then delete Enfold.
7. Click on the ADD NEW button.
8. Click on the UPLOAD THEME button.
9. Click BROWSE and choose enfold.zip file
10. Click the INSTALL NOW button and switch to Enfold or your child theme.
11. Remove the maintenance mode then deactivate and remove the maintenance plugin.
Then register the theme by following the instructions in https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/theme-registration/
Once this is done, the next time you update, you’ll only need to go to Enfold > Theme Updates and click on the Update button.
Once it is updated please let us know if the issue still persists.
NikkoJanuary 25, 2023 at 4:18 pm #1395192January 25, 2023 at 6:45 pm #1395227
Great, I’m glad that Nikko could help you out. Please let us know if you should need any further help on the topic, or if we can close it.
RikardJanuary 25, 2023 at 7:30 pm #1395244January 26, 2023 at 3:36 am #1395275
Sure, we will keep this thread open until we hear from you :)
Just let us know how it goes.
NikkoJanuary 27, 2023 at 12:17 am #1395474
You can close this now. I updated the site and everything is working again. Thank youJanuary 27, 2023 at 6:01 am #1395512
- The topic ‘Text Box is not showing preview’ is closed to new replies.