May 20, 2019 at 2:57 pm #1102489
We moved our site to a dedicated server. Pages kind of work, but the masonry does not find the matching portfolio entries. Same with blog posts and portfolio grid. However, the portfolio entries load correctly if we display the category pages. Images are found on every page and portfolio entry. Navigation also works.
Any idea where to start looking?
Our ultimate goal is to move WordPress into a sub-folder of the root directory. Does Enfold work only in the root of the web server?May 20, 2019 at 4:51 pm #1102526
Observation to be added: “Enfold > Performance Settings > Disabling of template builder elements” does not do what you would expect. Selecting manually only the used features does not load any of the selected ones. Looks like we have ghost inside Enfold. We are desperate for help.May 21, 2019 at 3:54 pm #1102894
Enfold can work anywhere, only the paths have to be updated for everything to work.
Please post us your login credentials (in the “private data” field), so we can take a look at your backend.
- Install and activate ” Temporary Login Without Password “.
- Go to ” Users > Temporary Logins ” on the left-side menu.
- Click ” Create New “.
- Add the email address for the account ( you can use (Email address hidden if logged out) ), as well as the ” Role ” making that the highest possible and the expiry about four days
( do be sure that we have enough time to debug ).
- Click ” Submit “.
- You’ll now have a temporary account. Please provide us here in the private section the URL, so we can login and help you out.
When your issue is fixed, you can always remove the plugin!
If you prefer to not use the plugin, you can manually create an admin user and post the login credentials in the “private data” field.
VictoriaMay 21, 2019 at 5:22 pm #1102953
we are exhausted tying to find the root cause of the problem. We did a clean reinstallation of WP, added the enfold theme newest version released today and a child theme. We created a new page for testing with portfolio entries and masonry showing to portfolio entries. That worked. Then we connected our site database, wp-content etc. to see our site in the new, clean framework. Masonry does not work. We created a new page just to test the Masonry feature. We added Portfolio grid and Magazine. Turns out that the Portfolio grid works fine. Masonry does not find the portfolio pages and Magazine also not. The link to the test page is below and the login for you as well.
One thing to mention is that the domain has not arrived yet. Therefore no ssl yet.
Let us know if you need any other information. .May 21, 2019 at 5:36 pm #1102968May 22, 2019 at 5:32 pm #1103404
Hi Victoria, we updated the test page to show the problem clearly. Actually, there are three problems. Maybe related.
1. Enfold Performance Settings. We selected to always load all template builder elements. The recommended settings to load only what is used does not work. The pages are full of error messages then.
2. The AVIA elements to display portfolio items. Masonry and Magazine do not work. Masonry fetches a page (itself) instead of the Portfolio Items. Portfolio Grid fetches the correct Portfolio Items. Magazine shows only the Portfolio Categories, but not the Items.
3. Blog Posts do not show if we select the Grid display format. They do show in the other settings.
We updated the test page to show the issues clearly. Waiting for you to use the login credentials and have a look. Please help us to understand what went wrong.May 27, 2019 at 11:09 am #1104476
we are surprised to see that we have not received any support for our website project yet. a dead website can ruin the business. please kindly suggest a different support model that works. One week without support is too long a wait.
in the meantime we found that we probably had a database error that was invisible through normal tools. we made a local copy of the database and connected that local copy with the wordpress engine. that worked. all errors disappeared. Except one.
The remaining issue is that Enfold requires that we select in the performance settings > always load all template builder elements. This makes the website slow. We will open a new ticket for that if we are unable to resolve this on our own.May 28, 2019 at 5:31 am #1104663
We would like to apologize for the late response. We’re very glad to hear that you were able to fix the database issue. We usually recommend the WP Migrate plugin for cases where you need to transfer the database to another domain or path. The plugin might be of use to you in the future. Now, for the element issue, please kindly open a new thread so that we can review it separately.
Thank you for your patience.
IsmaelMay 28, 2019 at 11:30 am #1104773
Hi Ismael, thank you for your note. I just created a new topic #1104770 for that remaining issue. Please check.May 28, 2019 at 1:24 pm #1104824
Could you post the actual link to the thread? We can’t access it using that id. And please don’t forget to add the necessary login details so that we can debug the issue if needed.
IsmaelMay 28, 2019 at 2:47 pm #1104851
I created a new topic for Performance recommended settings Please check it out. I will provide login details there if you like.May 31, 2019 at 4:20 am #1105557
- The topic ‘Site moved to new server – masonry, portfolio grid and Blog posts not working’ is closed to new replies.