November 20, 2023 at 7:04 am #1426035
We are trying to improve the site speed performance, which uses the Enfold theme, and we are encountering issues. Can you please assist us? Additionally, we have attempted alternative methods as mentioned below.
Live Website URL: https://airtrolinc.com/
1) Initially, we created a staging environment for the website to ensure that our optimization attempts wouldn’t impact the live site.
staging Website URL: https://airtrolinc.com/staging/
2) Following that, we attempted to configure the site settings based on the guidelines provided in the documentation at: [Link to Documentation: https://kriesi.at/archives/scoring-100-100-in-google-pagespeed-insights-gtmetrix-pagespeed-and-yslow%5D. We followed the steps outlined, but unfortunately, the expected improvements were not achieved.
3) In our pursuit of performance enhancement, we installed the WP-Rocket caching plugin. However, despite this addition, the website’s speed did not see a significant improvement.
4) To explore further options, we implemented the Smush plugin along with WP Super Cache. Despite our efforts to configure these plugins optimally, the desired speed improvements have not been realized.
Could you please provide thoughts or guide us to improve the site performance
Thank you!November 20, 2023 at 1:53 pm #1426068
I’m not sure what you are using to test the speed of your site, but you can get some suggestions on the link in private.
RikardNovember 21, 2023 at 1:14 pm #1426159
Thanks for your feedback. We’ve used PageSpeed Insights to test the site speed and tried different suggestions from it using WP Rocket and WP Super Cache plugins. We attempted delaying the scripts and removing unused CSS. However, we haven’t seen any changes of these settings or improvements on the frontend likely because of conflicts or settings with the Enfold theme. As a result, the site speed hasn’t improved significantly.
Could you help us further in speeding up our site, taking into account the specifics of the Enfold theme? Any extra suggestions or specific adjustments for our theme would be highly valued. Your help in resolving this issue is invaluable.
Thank you.November 21, 2023 at 1:53 pm #1426171
There’s nothing in specific we can do for you that is not included under Enfold->Performance unfortunately. Please try to experiment with those settings. I see that the test is listing points in regards to images, did you try fixing those?
RikardNovember 24, 2023 at 6:48 am #1426363
Thank you for your feedback. I understand your point, but even the options provided under Enfold->Performance are not improving the site speed. As mentioned earlier, we have followed the guidelines provided in the documentation at: https://kriesi.at/archives/scoring-100-100-in-google-pagespeed-insights-gtmetrix-pagespeed-and-yslow. Unfortunately, the expected improvements were not achieved.
We can provide you with the account to log in to the staging site to check the settings. We are using the Enfold theme and haven’t done any customization within the theme. Additionally, both the theme and plugins are up to date. Despite these efforts, we are not achieving the desired speed using the Enfold theme.
Could you please share your thoughts or guide us on improving the site’s performance, even without using any other plugins?
Thank you!November 24, 2023 at 9:13 am #1426374
Thanks for the update.
Despite these efforts, we are not achieving the desired speed using the Enfold theme.
Please note that the steps in article are not magic fixes, it might not affect the speed as much as you would expect.
We can check your settings for you, but it will likely only lead to very minor differences, as all the resources which are loaded from the theme are needed for it to work and look as it should.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.