Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Fairly new website, just a single page but it takes over 8 seconds to load. It is using Startup Business Demo. I have been using other Enfold demos and they load perfectly fine around 2 seconds or so, but not this one. Minimum amount of plugins is used as well.

I am hosting on on fairly fast VPS and none of other websites have issues like this one (even Enfold ones).

Kind Regards
    Pawel

Hey pixel-hustler,

Thank you for the inquiry.

According to the gtmetrix tool, the videos and the images in the home page are quite heavy causing huge network payloads. You may need to decrease the quality of the video and compress or optimize the images. Please check the following articles to learn more on how the theme could be optimized further.

// https://kriesi.at/archives/scoring-100-100-in-google-pagespeed-insights-gtmetrix-pagespeed-and-yslow
    // https://kriesi.at/archives/4-key-wordpress-image-optimization-tips

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi Ismael,

many thanks for looking into it. Yes, I am aware of GTmetrix. To be honest I have managed to rase the score by few percent but that did not changed the load time at all. The problem is time taken from First Contentful Paint till Fully loaded. Images are optimised as much as possible. Header video is Youtube hosted.

I have uploaded .webm video file, properly compressed with VP8 codec and another in H.264 .mp4, so the file is very small, just to compare loading times. And it made a huge difference on GTmetrix but not really in real life. It looks like Youtube video is causing First Contenful Paint lag, as by uploading 3mb file it cut the time by 4-5 seconds, but not in real life just syntetic test.

Even when I have started working on a clean demo import it was really slow.

Kind Regards
    Pawel

Hi,

We checked the page again today and the loading speed is not that bad, but it is not super fast either and the page preloader is not helping at all making it feel like the page is loading longer than it actually is. Have you tried disabling that option? And of course, following the recommendations in the speed tool, even the minor ones, should help squeeze more performance or further optimize the loading speed of the site.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi Ismael,

Thanks for the reply,

I did tried most of the gtmetrix recommendations, got one or two to go through.

With regards to the page preloader how do you disable it?

Kind Regards
    Pawel

Hi Ismael,

It might be just me, but by disabling the page loader it looks like page loads quite quick now.
    I will continue to work on gtmetrix, many thanks for your help, this ticket can be closed now.

Kind Regards
    Pawel

Hi,

If you need additional help, please let us know here in the forums.

Best regards,
    Jordan Shannon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘8 seconds to load the page’ is closed to new replies.