November 19, 2020 at 9:07 pm #1261644
Please help. I’m confused. My Enfold website (on WordPress.org hosted by GoDaddy) is getting “404: Page Not Found” errors on all pages except the home page. I am unable to edit and publish these pages from within WordPress.org. I reinstalled the newest WordPress, have the newest Enfold version, and tried reuploading avia-shortcodes folders via direct FTP (after seeing some other forum questions); but to no avail.
WordPress’ automated email said it caught an error with Enfold. This is the page where the error was caught: http://www.tucson-therapist.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=821&action=edit
WordPress version 5.5.3
Current theme: Enfold (version 3.5.4)
Current plugin: (version )
PHP version 7.4.11
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 489 of the file /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/php/shortcode-template.class.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/php/shortcode-template.class.php:489
#0 /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/php/shortcode-template.class.php(443): aviaShortcodeTemplate->create_sortable_editor_element(Array)
#1 /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/php/template-builder.class.php(395): aviaShortcodeTemplate->prepare_editor_element()
#2 /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): AviaBuilder->js_template_editor_elements(”)
#3 /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
#4 /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#5 /home/jlongtail/public_html/wp-includes/media-template.php(1467): do_action(‘print_media_tem…’)
Display PHP Version
Go Daddy Quick Setup
Limit Login Attempts
PHP Compatibility Checker
UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore
Really Simple SSL
*Purchased SSL through GoDaddy after using these for a while.November 20, 2020 at 8:54 am #1261727
Hey Jeffrey Trujillo,
Thanks for contacting us!
The problem that you are having is compatibility between WordPress 5.5.3 and Enfold 3.5.4 (which is really an old version of Enfold, released in April 2016)
You can check all the versions in our changelog: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/changelog
Please update to the latest version of Enfold and make sure to have a backup first.
To update to the latest version of Enfold you can do the following:
1. Login to ThemeForest and download the Enfold theme, right-click over the downloaded zip file and extract/unzip it.
2. It should generate a new folder, open it and look for the enfold folder
3. Right-click the enfold folder then zip it, here’s a tutorial on how to create a zip file in windows: https://www.howtogeek.com/668409/how-to-zip-and-unzip-files-on-windows-10/ (this should create enfold.zip
4. Log in to WordPress as and Admin.
5. Install and activate a maintenance plugin and put your site in Maintenance mode.
6. Go to Appearance > Themes, switch to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty then delete Enfold.
7. Click on the ADD NEW button.
8. Click on the UPLOAD THEME button.
9. Click BROWSE and choose enfold.zip file
10. Click the INSTALL NOW button and switch to Enfold or your child theme.
11. Remove the maintenance mode then deactivate and remove the maintenance plugin.
Once update is done, generate an envato token and register your theme so you can check for new updates and update it via theme options, check further information on this here: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/theme-registration/
NikkoNovember 20, 2020 at 6:33 pm #1261845
My apologies, Nikko. Since the message I’d received from WordPress, which I cut and paste from for the message above, I had indeed updated Enfold to Version 126.96.36.199, and it did not correct the issue. Can you log in and give it a look?
p.s. I’d tried reverting to the older version of Enfold, along with a backup of the website from that time, though it didn’t correct the issue, so I went back to the newest WordPress and the newest Enfold. Thank you.
November 20, 2020 at 6:35 pm #1261846November 22, 2020 at 3:43 am #1262056
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Jlongtail.
Thanks for the update. I reset your permalink setting, then changed it back to your selected settings, and it’s working as it should after that. Please review your site.
RikardNovember 22, 2020 at 5:19 pm #1262129November 23, 2020 at 5:56 am #1262249
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.