Forum Replies Created
So I’ve spoken to GoDaddy a number of time. They told me I needed malware to clean out the virus. So I guess they did that, so I was able to get into the backend of my website. But now the front end just shows a message: stylesheet is missing. I was wondering if you guys could help with that? Or at least tell me what that means? Thanks
How does that even happen? If I could see the front end of my website and everything looked fine just a few days ago.
Sorry about that. I didn’t realize what you were asking for. I had to look up how to even find that information but I think I found it on GoDaddy…. let me know if this is not correct. Thanks
Honestly, I haven’t been on my website in a long time. So no plugins, codes, or updates were happening. Originally I was getting a completely blank white screen, so I contacted go daddy and they tried a few things, not sure what, but they got the error message to show up and then said I would need to contact wordpress for help.
So I locked myself out of my website again. It’s my fault. I tried to input some code in order to add a member login to my website, but I accidentally added the wrong code in the “functions.php” file. I can’t even get to the login page anymore. It’s shows this:
This page isn’t working
bethburnsfitness.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
Not sure if you can help me with this or not, but I thought I’d start here.
BethMay 23, 2016 at 6:53 pm in reply to: Blog posts not showing up in website after published #637016May 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm in reply to: Blog posts not showing up in website after published #635997
On some of my pages, the widgets are all the way up against the sidebar border. The weird thing is it’s not on every page. But I do have a few different sidebars set up. Is there a way to fix this so that there’s some white space between the border and the widgets?
Ok, thank you. I didn’t realize an update would mess up older versions. I updated and now the button is working. Thanks. :)
Yes! I wanted to have somebody use it before I let you know, but they were able to use it just fine. And so far it still seems to be working, so the problem has been solved. Thanks!
So I thought we had figured it out. The website was back and up and working, so I launched it and posted it to facebook. But now everyone is saying they are getting a syntax error when they try to go to the site through facebook. They can see it on their mobile devices and if they just google it, but not through the link on facebook. Any thoughts?
OK, thanks. My site is back up and running. :)
- This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by bethiebfit.
OK, I added the CSS and was able to adjust to my liking. Thanks! But not sure where the functions.php is…..?August 11, 2014 at 4:12 pm in reply to: Contact button on same line as text fields; whitespace separator issue #302684
Thanks! That works.
Now, any idea why the whitespace won’t change for me? It’s very frustrating when the simple things that I should be able to figure out don’t work. :(August 10, 2014 at 2:13 pm in reply to: Contact button on same line as text fields; whitespace separator issue #302224August 8, 2014 at 5:33 pm in reply to: Contact button on same line as text fields; whitespace separator issue #301742August 8, 2014 at 5:30 pm in reply to: Contact button on same line as text fields; whitespace separator issue #301741
Sorry to bombard you. Just a quick update! I figured out number 4.
Also you mentioned uploading pics in the thumbnail size but when I upload a picture, I’m not given an option on what size.
Thanks. I have a reply to a couple of your answers AND a couple more questions. :)
1) OK, that worked to put them in a column. Is there a way to put them into a box in the sidebar?
3) I copied and pasted this into the Quick CSS and saved the changes. But still no change. Am I putting it in the wrong place?
4) I guess it’s not always a link. But any picture on my website whether it’s in a blog or just on a page, when you hoover over it either offers a link or an expand option. Is there a way to have it do nothing when hoovered over?
5) A lot of the time when I try to upload a picture, it gives me an error box. But if I exit out of my website and log back in, the picture is then in my media file but sometimes the quality is pixelated. I’m just wondering if there is a way to avoid this?
6) Also when I try to put a picture into a text box, it doesn’t give me an option on size so it ends up HUGE and all I can do to change it is drag the corner in over and over again until it’s a normal size. Again, not sure what I’m doing wrong here….
Thanks in advance….