I have a background video on my home page, but when I see it on mobile view, it has a Youtube play button and doesn’t actually play. How can we show video that auto runs??
Also, I have a Color section with a Background Gradient, but it doesn’t show on Mobile view. Can this be fixed??
Mobile browsers have implemented restrictions on autoplay videos to save data and power usage. Autoplay videos with sound are generally not allowed on mobile devices, but videos with sound muted are allowed to autoplay in some cases. However, many mobile browsers and newer versions of the OS have added more strict policies for autoplay videos, that’s why we have this option
and have a fallback image option which I strongly suggest you use for mobile as it gives predictable and consistent output for your users.
1. The video I have has no sound. So can it autoplay? I don’t even see any options to do this.
2. I have a Color section with a Background Gradient, but it doesn’t show on Mobile view. Can this be fixed??
I apologize for the delayed response.
You can autoplay it but you’ll need to host your video file.
Please do the following:
1. In your WordPress Dashboard, go to Media > Add New
2. Upload your video (in mp4 format)
3. Click Copy URL to clipboard button
4. Go to your page and edit the Color Section
5. Go to Styling > Background Video > Background Video then paste the URL that you have copied.