Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • #630880


    I’m using the Official Twitter Widget maker to add a timeline feed to a page: https://twitter.com/settings/widgets The tool says it uses an HTML code, but if you look at the code, it appears to be JavaScript. I’m not very familiar with the two codes so I don’t know if there’s much of a difference.

    Any way, on one of our websites, I have been able to add this code to a text element inside a widget area and it shows perfectly. However, on this particular website I’m working on now, every time I try to add the code to a widget, the widget just continually shows “saving” and never changes or saves anything. If I add it to a text element inside the actual page or even a code block, the feed appears when viewing the page, but then I am unable to edit the page again. This is because everything else on the “Edit” page loads except the actual on-page elements – the “loading” symbol just keeps rotating endlessly and never goes away.

    So the code seems to have a negative effect on this one website for some reason, but on my other site, it’s fine. Both are updated to the latest version of WordPress and Enfold.

    I’m hoping you’ll have an idea as to why this is.



    Hey 500Webmaster,

    Can you please create a temporary admin login and post it here privately? Also, please post the code you would like to add here using http://pastebin.com/

    Best regards,


    Hi Yigit,

    Thanks – I’ve done as you have asked and pasted the details into the private content area.




    I tried to troubleshoot this issue but in the login credentials you provided the password is missing. Would you mind checking once again and then send us working login credentials?

    The user role for the account you send us should be set to ‘administrator’ so we can try to disable all plugins and add custom code (if necessary) to resolve the issue.

    Best regards,



    Sorry, I thought the password was automatically emailed to you. I have attached it now.




    Please deactivate all plugins one by one to check which one is causing this issue and let us know if this solves the problem.
    In addition to that, please let us know if we are allowed to deactivate one or more of your plugins as well for testing purposes :)

    Best regards,



    As per Andy’s instructions via email, I tried disabling plugins one by one and it appears as though the Wordfence Security plugin was the issue. I’ll play around with the plugin’s settings to see if I can resolve this.

    Thanks guys!



    Great, glad you found the problem. Let us know if you should need any further help on the topic.


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.