June 29, 2020 at 9:20 pm #1226594
On my site the social media icons disappeared, presumably after an update of the theme. I used this https://kriesi.at/support/topic/social-buttons-broken-with-wp-5-3-1-update/#post-1165745 to fix it but am wondering, if there is any official fix available?
June 30, 2020 at 2:43 pm #1226764
- This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by gooflo.
The issue with icons has been fixed with Enfold 4.7.x
I have checked some pages and the icons are visible (link in private content).
Can you tell us where the social media icons are placed on your site? I tried to check on the header or socket but I could not find any social media icon when I inspect the element.
NikkoJuly 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm #1227329
1) I applied the mentioned patch, therefore the icons work again. Now I disabled the patch so you can see it, see private content
2) you only see the buttons at the footer of the post
And: I have 4.7.5 installed, so problem should be fixed, but it is not!July 2, 2020 at 6:48 am #1227396
I do agree that this should be fixed however I’m not really sure why it’s not working on your site.
Please post us your login credentials (in the “private data” field), so we can take a look at your backend.
- Install and activate ” Temporary Login Without Password “.
- Go to ” Users > Temporary Logins ” on the left-side menu.
- Click ” Create New “.
- Add the email address for the account ( you can use (Email address hidden if logged out) ), as well as the ” Role ” making that the highest possible and the expiry about four days
( to be sure that we have enough time to debug ).
- Click ” Submit “.
- You’ll now have a temporary account. Please provide us here in the private section the URL, so we can login and help you out.
When your issue is fixed, you can always remove the plugin!
If you prefer to not use the plugin, you can manually create an admin user and post the login credentials in the “private data” field.
NikkoJuly 2, 2020 at 8:21 pm #1227577July 6, 2020 at 1:48 am #1228127
Thanks for giving us admin access.
I was able to check and nothing was missing to the files.
You are using WP 5.2.7, can you try to update to the latest version of WP? please make sure to have a backup first.
NikkoJuly 6, 2020 at 6:22 am #1228164
thanks for looking and ideed, after upgrading WP it works like a charm :-) Should have done this first.
July 6, 2020 at 9:37 am #1228232
- This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by gooflo.
The topic ‘Social media icons disappeared’ is closed to new replies.