August 31, 2016 at 10:16 am #679894
I have had a topic opened and Yigit was kind enough to help. Problem is that all the adjustments he made to the search box have disappear with the search box itself since I updated Enfold to (3.7.1).
Here is the link to the original topic https://kriesi.at/support/topic/serch-box-position/September 2, 2016 at 2:56 pm #681313
Last time i checked, searchbar was there. Can you please add it once again just as you added the last time?
YigitSeptember 5, 2016 at 7:09 am #681959
Unfortunately it’s not there and I did try adding it. You added the searchbar last time. You just messaged me the code and than you modified it because the search bar was not usable.
PeteSeptember 7, 2016 at 5:57 am #682946
We modified the code in the functions.php and style.css file a bit.
IsmaelSeptember 7, 2016 at 7:24 am #683014
Thank you. The issue is that now the search box is not visible and I have to click on it in order to show the search box. Would it be at all possible to show the search box itself. Basically the box that appears when you click on the magnifying glass with the message search in it?
PeteSeptember 12, 2016 at 1:20 pm #685059
I adjusted the code once again. Please review your website now.
I added search box into phone info field in Enfold theme options > Header > Extra Elements using shortcode.
YigitSeptember 12, 2016 at 1:45 pm #685087September 12, 2016 at 1:47 pm #685089
You are welcome Pete, glad we could help!
You too have a great day :)
YigitOctober 17, 2016 at 1:00 pm #699943
Back again with some new issues.
I updated a plugin (WPML Multilingual) on the website and it seems that the search box disappeared from all languages except for the English and that is in the wrong position as well.
Would you be able to tell me what code needs to be entered where so I can just do this myself if it happens again. It would be awesome for you and me because i would not have to contact you again.
PeterOctober 17, 2016 at 2:35 pm #700029
Hi again Yigit,
I managed to fix the position issue so the only thing that remains is that the search box disappeared from all the other languages.October 18, 2016 at 10:17 pm #700911
I see your login details, but I don’t see any website link. Can you provide it here to us please?
AndyOctober 19, 2016 at 7:19 am #701034October 19, 2016 at 1:31 pm #701269
I noticed that you are using a caching plugin. Would you mind opening your plugin’s settings page and temporarily deactivate the caching of your site? Then please try to clear your browser cache and hard refresh the site (Hold CTRL + SHIFT + RELOAD) to see if that solves the issue.
Afterwards please deactivate all plugins one by one to check which one is causing this issue and let us know if this solves the problem.
In addition to that, please let us know if we are allowed to deactivate one or more of your plugins as well for testing purposes :)
AndyOctober 20, 2016 at 8:16 am #701711
I figured out which plugin messes up the searchbox. It’s the w3 total cache. I turned it off altogether but it didn’t work for all languages so I messed around with the settings and deactivated and reactivated them one by one and made the searchbox work on 2 languages. The issue is that it doesn’t show on the hungarian and german versions of the site. I also cleared the browser cache and hard reset it just like you told me.
PeteOctober 21, 2016 at 1:44 pm #702367
this still sound to me as w3 total cache is causing this. So please activate this plugin again. Then go int it’s options and choose to switch off caching. Then deactivate it. Clear browser cache and hard refresh a few times. Check on another computer as well. Keep all other plugin deactivated while testing.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.