Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #982940

    Dear Enfold team,

    I am using enfold together with the multi-language plugin qtranslateX on several websites. So far, everything worked well even though the plugin is not updated and enfold recommends another commercial plugin.

    The qtranslateX language tags, eg:
    [:en]content[de:]inhalt[:]
    are not visible in the ALB anymore and do not function anymore after this update. Standard WP elements like the menu and the excerpts are still translated but not pages made with ALB. The code and content for all languages is still there in the standard editor and I can copy and past it back into the enfold debug window and it will restore the functionality and also display the language codes in ALB again but i would like to avoid this manual restore.

    Is this a common problem? Please let me know if there is an efficient way to return this functionality.

    Best,
    Philipp

    #983808

    Hey junglefish,

    Please post us your login credentials (in the “private data” field), so we can take a look at your backend.

    1. Install and activate ” Temporary Login Without Password “.
    2. Go to ” Users > Temporary Logins ” on the left-side menu.
    3. Click ” Create New “.
    4. Add the email address for the account ( you can use (Email address hidden if logged out) ), as well as the ” Role ” making that the highest possible and the expiry about four days
      ( do be sure that we have enough time to debug ).
    5. Click ” Submit “.
    6. You’ll now have a temporary account. Please provide us here in the private section the URL, so we can login and help you out.

    When your issue is fixed, you can always remove the plugin!
    If you prefer to not use the plugin, you can manually create a admin user and post the login credentials in the “private data” field.

    Best regards,
    Basilis

    #984001

    Thanks,
    Account info below. We restored the homepage to a state where all three languages work again but the other pages still only have show one language in the ALB, eg the page “Oak” only shows Japanese, “Australian Cypress” only Chinese, even though all three languages have been working prior the the update. The workaround described in the original post doesn’t work on this site, it worked on another site and we fixed it there manually already.
    Best,
    Philipp

    #984852

    Hi,

    Yea I tried the workaround my self and seems not to work.
    I will do although check with my team mates also.

    Best regards,
    Basilis

    #985877

    Hi Basilis,
    thanks for checking. As this is a client site we will restore to an older version. If you have an idea how this issue of deleted (or rather not-processed) language shortcodes can be avoided I will still be very interested though, as this prevents us from updating enfold on several other multi-lingual sites.
    Best,
    Philipp

    #987524

    Hi,

    I’ll leave this thread open – maybe another user can share a solution.

    Best regards,
    Dude

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.