December 1, 2018 at 3:11 pm #1039651
We developed our site on WP Enfold at w4y on a URL of the provider. After finishing we moved to production, e.g. a DNS A entry of our new domain was created and points to the IP of the site.
To have it properly displayes we put the domain http://www.pfarre-st-hubertus.at ino the settings of WP..
(Website-Adresse (URL) ) ( If we set also the WordPress-Adresse (URL) to the new domain, the site becomes unreachable…!!)
– now some icons, esp the seach icon in the header dissappeared (See header, but also see “Weitelesen” icons)
– the admin area is reachable only via the old, provider domain. But viewing is not possible as it then switches to
the new domain and you are logged out again.
– One directory was not reachable at all. (Error 403 Forbidden) – but nothing blocked at provider level
Detailed data in private content.December 1, 2018 at 3:33 pm #1039654
You have to change all instances from the old domain to the new domain in all configurations of which some may need a manually modification directly in the database.
More infos here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL
Maybe you can use a plugin to solve that (i didn’t test this one, i change the entries in the database): https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/automatic-domain-changer/December 2, 2018 at 8:27 am #1039814
Thanks, @cg for the suggested solution.
@sthubertus you can try changing the site URL, in case if you run into any issue I would recommend exporting your site once again but using a plugin to avoid any manual errors.
Please refer to this link for more information https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress
VinayDecember 21, 2018 at 10:55 pm #1048433
Hi Vinay & cg,
Thanks for your hints ! Was very helpful:
For someone having the same issue – I have done the following:
– backup of all data and database ;-)
– installed “Velvet Blues Update URLs”
– You will get asked which URLs to update, I chose to update all URL except the last checkbox ‘
that is anyway strongly NOT recommended.
– logged in again – AND: Wow- worked :-)
– Then changed the WordPress URL in <newdomain> also (site URL was already set to <newdomain> as written above)
– Stil downloads did not work – so I changed all links in the downloads manually (This is probably as this is the
“Download Monitor” plugin, but as I have only 3 visible on my site, was no issue
– Voila – everything worked: Missing icons suddenly are back, I can login now correctly on <newdomain>/wp-admin and
do admin and viewing site at the same time
WolfgangDecember 22, 2018 at 10:09 pm #1048687
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.