Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • #1015509


    I have a font problem that sometimes is present, sometimes it is not. The font of my site is Oxygen, a Google font. For some users, sometimes at a certain place in the site (text written using Pluggin, for example here, EventOn and SmartSlider) becomes a character with serif. What can I do to correct everything? At least, I’d like to have a sans serif typeface.

    Thanks !


    Hey Marie-Claude,

    Please provide a link to the site/page in question so we can look into this issue further.

    Best regards,
    Jordan Shannon

    This reply has been marked as private.


    How have you added the font to the site?

    Best regards,
    Jordan Shannon



    Perhaps attempting another method to load it will work. Specifically the @font-face method:

    Best regards,
    Jordan Shannon


    Hello, perhaps it is more complicated, but I am using custom font this way:
    1. I will download font which I want
    2. I upload font here https://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator I will remove there what I don’t need in font included. I am exporting only eot and woff. Compatibility can be checked here: https://caniuse.com/#search=woff (I don’t care about Opera Mini)
    3. I do new folder in Enfold folder with name fonts and into custom.css I will add

    @font-face {
        font-family: 'myfont';
        src: url('../fonts/myfont.eot');
        src: url('../fonts/myfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
             url('../fonts/myfont.woff') format('woff');
        font-weight: normal;
        font-style: normal;

    and than I will add ccs which is forcing to use my font. Example:

    body, html {
    	font-family: 'myfont' !important;

    Looks quite complicated, isn’t it? :) But I never had an issue with my font.

    Best wishes,


    can you please try to write the font-family rule everywhere you have inserted it in the manner Google said:


    body.oxygen {
        font-family: 'Oxygen',sans-serif;

    maybe it is casesensitive ! – and pleas with quotation marks !

    And the most important : i believe your font isn’t realy good implemented.
    i can not found any @font-face rule or something like this in your source code concerning to Oxygen


    See here a nice thing concerning to google fonts – and embedding localy:


    you can copy this and put it in a css – call it maybe oxygen.css:

    /* oxygen-300 - latin */
    @font-face {
      font-family: 'Oxygen';
      font-style: normal;
      font-weight: 300;
      src: url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-300.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
      src: local('Oxygen Light'), local('Oxygen-Light'),
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-300.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-300.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-300.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-300.ttf') format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-300.svg#Oxygen') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
    /* oxygen-regular - latin */
    @font-face {
      font-family: 'Oxygen';
      font-style: normal;
      font-weight: 400;
      src: url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-regular.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
      src: local('Oxygen Regular'), local('Oxygen-Regular'),
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-regular.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-regular.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-regular.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-regular.ttf') format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-regular.svg#Oxygen') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */
    /* oxygen-700 - latin */
    @font-face {
      font-family: 'Oxygen';
      font-style: normal;
      font-weight: 700;
      src: url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-700.eot'); /* IE9 Compat Modes */
      src: local('Oxygen Bold'), local('Oxygen-Bold'),
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-700.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), /* IE6-IE8 */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-700.woff2') format('woff2'), /* Super Modern Browsers */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-700.woff') format('woff'), /* Modern Browsers */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-700.ttf') format('truetype'), /* Safari, Android, iOS */
           url('../fonts/oxygen-v7-latin-700.svg#Oxygen') format('svg'); /* Legacy iOS */

    download the fonts here: https://google-webfonts-helper.herokuapp.com/api/fonts/oxygen?download=zip&subsets=latin&variants=300,700,regular

    after that you might enqueue the css file



    Thanks to @guenni007 and @milan for helping out, much appreciated. Please let us know if you should need any further help on the topic @mcldesign2010.

    Best regards,


    Hello and thank you all :-)

    I have read all your advice. First thing I did was to retrieve my font from Google Font and the only versions I had were .ttf, so I went on site you advised me to generate me other versions. I put the .zip file of these fonts on my site, changed the chosen font directly in the fonts tab in the settings of my theme and TADAM it was as easy as that! I thought that basically the dowloaded fonts on the site of Google Font was correct for the web I had not doubted that something could be missing in my file.

    Thank you :-D



    Great, glad you got it working :-)

    Please let us know if you should need any further help on the topic or if we can close it.

    Best regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.