October 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm #522901
Hi thanks for your wonderful theme. I’m setting a section in the home page with the magazine element. I’ve chosen a visualization as it appears in your demo magazine template.
Everything looks fine except for two things:
1) though I checked the first entry as to bi bigger, the extract of the post does not apper below the post title (I have only the image, date and title)
2) I did not understand how to set the selection among categories in the av-magazine-top element (besides the element heading)
How can I solve it?October 22, 2015 at 5:51 pm #523175
1. Can you send us a link to your page so we can take a look? Did you set a featured image for the first entry?
2. When you edit the magazine element there will be an option at the bottom for displaying tabs for each category.
October 22, 2015 at 7:00 pm #523228
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Elliott.
Hi Elliott, thanks for answering back so quickly! As the website is on a “coming soon” mode, you won’t see it unless you get logged in.
I’m gonna give you the credentials in the private section, so that you can see which are my problems (actually I don’t see any tab in the magazine element that allows to show the selection among categories as displayed in the dem i.e. All>News>Cat X).
The problem is in the home page (actually is the only that I created up to now).October 23, 2015 at 2:31 pm #523841
I can see excerpts of posts just fine, but not sure if I am looking on the right place. Can you highlight using screenshots please? you can use imgur.com or dropbox. Show us what you mean and what you want to achieve instead of what is now visible on your website, because then we can provide you some precise CSS code.
AndyOctober 23, 2015 at 3:15 pm #523893
Here the link to dropbox
You find the image of my homepage and the image of the Enfold demo, with the highlighted problems
ThanksOctober 25, 2015 at 6:45 am #524327
You have to edit the post then enable the Excerpt box in the Screen Options. Add the post extract or summary there. Example here: http://www.studiopareto.it/wp-admin/post.php?post=123&action=edit
IsmaelOctober 26, 2015 at 10:34 am #524769
Thanks Ismael, I missed that step! And what about the option of having a filter for articles in the upper right corner (see images as I posted on dropbox)? Did I do something wrong with the categories? Or should I add a specific element?
October 27, 2015 at 5:00 am #525302
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by elenapoliti.
You need to apply categories or tags to your posts then edit the magazine element, enable the “Display Tabs for each category selected above?”. Select the categories.
IsmaelOctober 27, 2015 at 6:13 pm #525712
The topic ‘Post extract doesn't appear in av-magazine-content’ is closed to new replies.