July 14, 2019 at 12:37 pm #1118482
Dear Support Team,
first I would like to thank you for your great product, I am very satisfied with the enfold theme.
Nevertheless I have to give feedback on a problematic situation / missing feature.
– Browser FF 68 on Win 10
– WP 5.1
– Enfold Child Theme 4.5.4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable CSS minification and compression (CSS-Datei-Zusammenführung und -Komprimierung) in performance settings
2. Call any Frontend Page
3. Inspect merged styles URL which is /uploads/dynamic_avia/avia-merged-styles-f8bde59cd070bb823885cbbda4d43f93.css
4. Disable CSS minification and compression
5. Make changes in my enfold-child/style.css
6. Enable CSS minification and compression
7. Inspect merged styles URL which is still /uploads/dynamic_avia/avia-merged-styles-f8bde59cd070bb823885cbbda4d43f93.css
The problem is:
– The hash of the merged styles stays unchanged which causes browser cache issues for the website visitors, they will not see the new css styles unless the browser cache expires
– Change the merged styles CSS hash whenever the styles have been changed. That gives developers the possibility to circumvent the end users browser cache. Or add a feature to append somekind of timestamp / custom version number.
Thanks a lot PhilippJuly 14, 2019 at 9:53 pm #1118581
Please post us your login credentials (in the “private data” field), so we can take a look at your backend.
- Install and activate ” Temporary Login Without Password “.
- Go to ” Users > Temporary Logins ” on the left-side menu.
- Click ” Create New “.
- Add the email address for the account ( you can use (Email address hidden if logged out) ), as well as the ” Role ” making that the highest possible and the expiry about four days
( do be sure that we have enough time to debug ).
- Click ” Submit “.
- You’ll now have a temporary account. Please provide us here in the private section the URL, so we can login and help you out.
When your issue is fixed, you can always remove the plugin!
If you prefer to not use the plugin, you can manually create an admin user and post the login credentials in the “private data” field.
BasilisJuly 27, 2019 at 11:26 pm #1122451
Thanks Basilis for your response, but i think this is not a bug, so there is no need to give you access to my website. When I have a look at your code, it seems, the hash is generated like this:
$data['hash'] .= $file; ..... $data['hash'] = $file_group_name .'-'. md5( $data['hash'] . $data['version'] );
So the hash will always stay the same.
ThanksJuly 30, 2019 at 12:52 am #1122987
Thank you for the update.
We will forward this to the dev team. For now, you have to manually delete the merged stylesheet whenever you make any significant changes to the style. Or just disable the compression until you’re done with the style configuration. You can also adjust the expiry of the css stylesheets in the .htaccess file.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.