January 11, 2023 at 4:00 pm #1378276
I converted all the jpeg and png photos on one of my Enfold websites to WebP files, using the Imagify plugin.
Some problems I have encountered:
– PNG files are still displayed as PNG files on the website, so the WebP file created from the PNG is not used by the Enfold theme.
– Photos that are in full circle shape on the website are no longer fully round as a WebP photo, but have a straight bottom.
– I have a Full-width Easy Slider element at the top of the page, where in the settings Styling/Slider minimum height in pixels, I set the minimum height in pixels to 200px. With a jpeg photo this works, however with WebP photos this setting apparently no longer works. This can be seen on a mobile view, the photo is then no longer 200px high (with a WebP file instead of a jpeg file).
– In a Color Section element, with a photo as background, and the Background Attachment set to Fixed, no WebP image is used, but the jpeg photo is used by Enfold.
The issues with PNG, the Full-width Easy slider and the Color Section element can be seen on this page:
The issues with the full circle images can be seen here:
Thank your for your help!
AlwinJanuary 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm #1378292
It looks fine on my end: https://snipboard.io/0q6m43.jpg. If you need further help with this plugin, then please try reaching out to their support. We can’t provide support for it unfortunately.
RikardJanuary 18, 2023 at 6:21 pm #1393960
Thank you for your help!
I found out what caused the issues with the Imagify plugin in combination with the Enfold theme:
In the Imagify plugin there are 2 options to display webp images:
1 – Use <picture> Tags Option
2- Use Rewrite Rules Option
The first option is the default and recommended option, but it will cause some issues as I described before.
When switching to the second option, the issues are gone and the Imagify plugin works smoothly with the Enfold theme.
More info about this:
Might be useful to know for other Enfold users who want to use this plugin.
AlwinJanuary 18, 2023 at 6:49 pm #1393972
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.