January 14, 2014 at 3:05 pm #209469
Hi, I’ve been trying every single way in order to migrate my wordpress&enfold developing installation to the production server and had plenty of issues.
First uploaded everything to the last version. (enfold 2.4.5, wordpress 3.8.x…)
I exported from wordpress both .sql file using “WP MIGRATE DB” as you recommend and also an .xml file from the default wordpress exporter.
I did also export the whole database through phpmyadmin to a sql.zip file and replaced both url and path in a text editor from old location to the new location.
Also downloaded the whole installation folder including the /wp-content one.
I guess that’s the best method to have a safe and smooth migration but I’ve found the following issues :
Finding errors one after the other, I could never success on importing ENFOLD settings and sometimes even don’t have the chance to access to dashboard because it appears blank. Still couldn’t make the WPML flags I had at the header appears.
I have also tried deleting or using an .htaccess file.
I have tried installing to other paths and creating new databases as an alternative, but sometimes it doesn’t even load. I’ve been struggling with these issues so far for one week long and still don’t now how to fix it and make them work.
I tried importing both sql files from phpmyadmin at different times and not mixed. The one from WP MIGRATE DBB and the exported file straight from phpmyadmin including all the tables.
Any suggestion or way to backup and import ENFOLD settings and restore my developing installation to the final location?
Thank you in advance,
January 14, 2014 at 9:06 pm #209677
- This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by karbonato. Reason: grammar :)
Exporting your database using WP MIGRATE DB is the best way that I know of and why I recommended it in the docs: http://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/ (Purchase code hidden if logged out) -to-a-live-server/
As long as the settings are correct it should export them without issue. The only other thing I can think of that might cause an issue is if the new server has different settings than your local server.
Aside from that I’m not sure what else we could suggest as this has worked for me on my client work as well as the other support crew when working local to live.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.