August 16, 2013 at 2:38 pm #27921
Let me explain my predicament. I have purchased Enfold because it’s easily customisable and looks absolutely beautiful. However, I have seen the latest Genesis 2 from Copyblogger and their argument here : http://www.copyblogger.com/genesis-2/
For people like us who don’t know technical stuff, it’s easily to create in doubts in us. So I would like to ask the technical geniuses in this forum a few things
1. Is Enfold SEO optimized like Genesis?
2. Is this Schema.org thing important and does Enfold adhere to it?
3. What are the pros of Enfold over Genesis ?
4. What are the cons of Enfold over Genesis ? (please be honest.) and I’m sure there should be some workarounds right?
Please, my website is at a crossroads now and we don’t know which way to go. Your assistance is really appreciated.August 16, 2013 at 2:54 pm #135824
Genesis and Enfold are completely different things. Genesis is a framework while Enfold is a theme so the comparison is somewhat hard to quantify.
For your specifics:
1) Yes, the theme is SEO optimized but SEO is an ever changing area of the web that isn’t a one off issue. You should still use a plugin like Yoast SEO and follow up with the guides and tutorials from sources like Yoast or wherever/whatever particulars you want.
2) For the most part I believe so. I don’t keep track of all of the specifics for the various schemas but we add new ones in as they are needed/become necessities.
3) You’ll need to decide for yourself. I’m not a fan of Genesis and I’m also not sales but as they are two completely different things its apples vs oranges.
4) Again, Apples vs. Oranges. Genesis is a framework where Enfold is a theme.
DevinAugust 16, 2013 at 6:03 pm #135825
Firstly, thank you so much for your reply.
What you say is true. Enfold is a theme and Genesis is a framework. Then can we compare Genesis with the Avia framework? Since the Enfold theme is built upon Avia Framework. But I can’t seem to find info on the Avia Framework anywhere.August 16, 2013 at 8:52 pm #135826August 16, 2013 at 11:19 pm #135827
As far as I know none of the support crew has worked with Genesis. As for the Avia Framework its not really ready to be on its own. The themes are all based on various versions of it but it hasn’t been packaged into a portable version that other themes could be built on.
Whereas Genesis has a whole range of themes built on top of it from what the literature reads.
- The topic ‘Is Enfold as Robust as Genesis 2 ?’ is closed to new replies.