Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #278587

    Hello, we experience font display problem on page. Some of symbols which are normally supported by provided fonts are displayed by stronger type than original.

    We have activated your “Websafe fonts fallback for Windows” by with no luck of fixing the problem.

    the problem shows up on windows, under IE and Chrome

    the symbols which causing problem are: č, š, ž, ť

    thank you

    sincerelly
    Igor

    #279377

    Hi milosorszag!

    I have checked your website on Chrome on OS X 10.9.3 and it does look fine on my end – http://i.imgur.com/DnyjAy8.png
    Which version of Windows are you using?

    Best regards,
    Yigit

    #279542

    Hi here are some screenshots of bug: http://cl.ly/0U2B3S3Q110T
    The symbols č, š, ž, ť are clearly displayed by different font in headers and layersliders.

    #279551

    Hey!

    Have you checked your website on an actual Win machine instead of VirtualBox on Ubuntu?

    Cheers!
    Yigit

    #279883

    Yes, we checked also on win7 computer and the results are same.

    #280391

    Hey!

    Maybe you need to add the extended-latin subset. Add this code to the child theme functions.php or enfold/functions.php:

    
    add_filter( 'avf_google_heading_font', 'avia_add_heading_font');
    function avia_add_heading_font($fonts)
    {
    $fonts['PT Sans'] = 'PT Sans:400&subset=latin,latin-ext';
    return $fonts;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'avf_google_content_font', 'avia_add_content_font');
    function avia_add_content_font($fonts)
    {
    $fonts['PT Sans'] = 'PT Sans:400&subset=latin,latin-ext';
    return $fonts;
    }
    

    and replace PT Sans with your google font. Maybe you also need to adjust the font weight (400) and the subset value. Note that not all fonts support latin extenhded. Afterwards save the functions.php file and go to Enfold > Theme Options and re-save the theme settings.

    Best regards,
    Peter

    #281225

    we tried that and nothing really happend, the rendering process is strange at first place the text are displayed correctly and shortly afterwards it blinks into wrong display of letters…

    #281432

    Hi!

    The problem was the subset (i fixed it) but i believe also with the Roboto font. I suggest picking another font, i changed it to News Cycle so you can see the end result:
    http://dev.metronet.sk/o-nas/

    Regards,
    Josue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.