Tagged: ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • #1316241

    Hello together,

    I am using the masonry content element to display our blogposts.
    Unfortunately, clicking on any of the above displayed categories to filter the blogposts doesn’t work at all.
    Random blogposts are being displayed while in the back different blogpost thumbnails are flying through the screen.
    I’ve updated to the latest Enfold version and also tried deactivating any interfering plugins (e.g. caching) without any promising result.
    How can this be fixed?

    Best regards,


    Hey Marc,

    Thank you for the inquiry.

    It seems to be working correctly on our end — checked the page on Chrome. Which browser are you using? Please provide a screencast of the issue if possible.

    Best regards,


    Google Chrome is the browser I use but this bug has been cross-tested across different browsers and devices.
    I have created screenshots of this issue (see private content).
    Screenshot 1 and 2 show the erroneous sorting function while screenshot 3 represents the thumbnails flying around when clicking on a different category.
    The issue with the wild thumbnails can be reproduced when clicking different categories after one another, on some it happens, on others not.



    Thank you for the update.

    Are you using any kind of post type ordering or sorting extensions such as the Post Type Order plugin? These kinds of plugin could break the category sorting of the masonry element. We cannot reproduce the same issue on our own installation and the online demo, so this is probably caused by a plugin or due to a custom modification in the theme.

    Best regards,


    We don’t use any sorting plugins or custom modifications so that can’t be the root of the problem.
    I deactivated all current plugins, commented out all custom CSS rules, and cleared the cache for further testing but the bug remains, even if I build the blog from scratch on a new page.
    It would be great if a developer from your end could have a look into it.



    Do you have a staging version of the site? Please post it in the private field so that we could inspect the issue properly. We will tag one of our developers to check the issue.

    Best regards,


    We don’t have a staging version but with the credentials from the initial post our live version can of course be checked.



    We created a test page (see private field) and added the masonry element, but the sorting is still not working correctly. There are no errors or anything. Can we deactivate the plugins temporarily? Please create a site and database backup or generate a restore point, then we will check the page again.

    Thank you for your patience.



    I have created a website and database backup.
    You can go ahead with temporarily deactivating the plugins for testing purposes.



    We noticed that the following css code is causing the issue.

    .av-masonry-entry {
        visibility: visible !important;
        opacity: 1 !important;

    The masonry sorting works fine when it is disabled. We removed the css code temporarily from the Quick CSS field.

    Thank you for your patience.

    Best regards,


    Thank you, it indeed does work again as supposed to.
    This ticket can then be closed now.



    Great, I’m glad that Ismael could help you out, and thanks for the update. I’ll close this thread for now then, please open a new thread if you should have any further questions or problems.

    Best regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fixing incorrect behaviour of masonry sorting function’ is closed to new replies.