June 29, 2019 at 1:57 pm #1114422
i have the issue that i want two have different sliders in each language. So what i have done:
– Created 2 pages, one in DE and ine in EN with Polylang Modul
– Created one slider with one language, duplocated and translated it. Both has different ID
– Go to DE page and select in der Slider Option the DE slider, the same on the EN page
But in Frontend it always shows the last crreated slider, the EN slider. I can not explain why? Did i forgot a setting?June 30, 2019 at 7:47 pm #1114665
Please post us your login credentials (in the “private data” field), so we can take a look at your backend.
- Install and activate ” Temporary Login Without Password “.
- Go to ” Users > Temporary Logins ” on the left-side menu.
- Click ” Create New “.
- Add the email address for the account ( you can use (Email address hidden if logged out) ), as well as the ” Role ” making that the highest possible and the expiry about four days
( do be sure that we have enough time to debug ).
- Click ” Submit “.
- You’ll now have a temporary account. Please provide us here in the private section the URL, so we can login and help you out.
When your issue is fixed, you can always remove the plugin!
If you prefer to not use the plugin, you can manually create an admin user and post the login credentials in the “private data” field.
VictoriaJune 30, 2019 at 8:04 pm #1114672July 2, 2019 at 4:35 am #1115013
Thank you for the update.
Where can we see the sliders? Please provide the actual links to the pages.
You don’t need to create a separate slider for the EN version. All you need to do is manually translate the content of the original slider. You can do that in the Sprachen > Übersetzungen von Zeichenketten or Languages > String translation panel. Search for the string or text, then manually translate it. Don’t forget to delete the EN version of the slider first to avoid confusion.
IsmaelJuly 2, 2019 at 9:27 am #1115102
Thanks .. it is a little confusing, some strings shows the wrong translation .. add translation on the wrong strings ..now, it shows the right text on the right slider .. crazy..July 3, 2019 at 5:07 pm #1115521
Hi I’ve had a similar problem with 3 slides in 3 languages and Ismael’s suggestion pointed me in the right direction – thanks!
Concerning your remaining issue, xeovision. I’ve noticed that confirming 4 times without a change brings the entry back to the right field of translation – the first to third confirmation makes the entries jump at random. It seems to be rotating in a weird way.
Hope this helps.July 4, 2019 at 3:16 pm #1115808July 4, 2019 at 10:27 pm #1115924
Yes, i did. But i do not why, there is a bug iin Polylang .. the string name does not match with the slider number..so i had to try several times to place the text in the right translation… finally, the text of slider 3 is in slider 1 and so on .. crazy but it works … thanks for helpJuly 6, 2019 at 8:11 am #1116178
Thanks for the update, so everything is working as it should now then?
RikardJuly 6, 2019 at 8:40 am #1116189July 7, 2019 at 9:54 am #1116384
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.