May 29, 2018 at 10:25 pm #963959
I wanted to change a text style but I didn’t change. First I thought that I may have targeted the wrong classes or something, but that’s not the case. No matter what I do, changes just don’t apply (neither in Quick CSS, nor in custom.css).
I already added some hundred lines of custom css code to Enfold. But even when I delete these hundreds of lines of code, the design doesn’t update anymore. It stays at the state from a about 1-2 days ago.
I had a crash of my website few days ago and had to recover it from a backup I made earlier on this day. But after this I already made some further changes to the design again, so I’m not quite sure if this crash has affected the CSS functionality. I already deleted the cache and checked the file access rights via FTP. I think I updated the Enfold theme before the problems started to occur.
Do you have any idea what’s wrong or how to fix it?
I appreciate your help!
YannikMay 30, 2018 at 12:37 pm #964172
EDIT: The changes were applied, but I just didn’t see them. When I was logged in into my WP account and accessed the website over the dashboard, I didn’t see any changes. But with other devices, where I didn’t access the website via my account, I could see them.
Deleting both cache and cookies for my website in the browser settings solved the problem for me.May 30, 2018 at 8:18 pm #964473
And again, it doesn’t work. It’s a weird behavior. I can see the changes on other devices immediately, but not from my account, when I’m logged in.
Did anybody have this problem already or does somebody have an idea/solution for this?
SOLVED: The problem is caused by a cache plugin. Deactivating it while editing solves the problem.
June 1, 2018 at 8:12 am #965099
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by yan_nik.
Great, glad you found the problem. Please let us know if you should need any further help on the topic or if we can close it.
RikardJune 1, 2018 at 6:07 pm #965499
Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of enfold 4.4 … I have problems with this version. What make the processing complex and long, the following problems:
1. the custom css does not work correctly, it does not load the css but it continues to load this css file: /wp-content/uploads/dynamic_avia/avia-merged-styles-e7af341fecb816fc5d9e2917a7d74510.css where inside there are some css customizations written in the custom but not all!
2. The custom css does not appear as a source file
3. so since it does not take all the css that I write (even if I put important) I think you can understand the enormous difficulties .. to do a 5 minute intervention we are putting more than an hour .. and we will not even know if we will succeed because it does not take the css
4. I cleared the cache
5. I have 1 plugin installed that I have already tried to disable
6. I installed the “elegant portfolio” demo
7. the server responds well
Can you help me please? I urgently need to know if I can use this demo or if I have to reinstall everything and load the old enfold .. even if I’d rather avoidJune 2, 2018 at 12:18 pm #965815
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.