Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi

500 error after upgrade to enfold 4.30

On Both sites, I performed the upgrade via FTP (because wordpress enfold theme wasn’t picking up that there was a new version)

3 other sites – no problems with upgrade after upgrade via wordpress front-end.

Cloudways have looked into the reason for 500 error after an upgrade to 4.3 (it’s not plugin related as disabling these makes no difference)

‘error generated in the Logs indicate to the theme of the site having issues’ as follows:

[Thu Apr 26 03:01:46.741453 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30197] [client 127.0.0.1:36168] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare av_countdown_events_fallback() (previously declared in /mnt/data/home/54602-44563.cloudwaysapps.com/dnsjaztqba/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/events_countdown/events_countdown.php:14) in /mnt/data/home/54602-44563.cloudwaysapps.com/dnsjaztqba/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/events_countdown.php on line 8\n’, referer: https://thevasectomist.com.au/contact-us/

While for the other site the issue is the same the theme is causing the issue therefore disabling the plugins is not helping

[Thu Apr 26 03:03:30.428338 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30287] [client 127.0.0.1:36208] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare av_countdown_events_fallback() (previously declared in /mnt/data/home/54602-44563.cloudwaysapps.com/bmhyjueaed/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/events_countdown/events_countdown.php:14) in /mnt/data/home/54602-44563.cloudwaysapps.com/bmhyjueaed/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/events_countdown.php on line 8\n’

Thanks

Richard

ps. The website does now work because I’ve done a restore to an earlier version.
    I tend to wait for upgrades to mature a bit … this looks like an aweseome one!
    Your advice though is appreciated.

Hi!
    The most common issue we got is that updates via FTP often merge folders. Since we changed the file structure this often results in duplicate files (becuase of a file merge, rather than an overwrite) when updated via ftp. to make sure this does not happen I would recommend to upload the new theme folder with a changed name (eg instead of enfold rename the theme folder to enfold-new) and once it is on the server swap names of the old and the new theme folder. this will prevent any file merging. Afterwards, if everything works you can delete the old theme folder

Best regards,
    Kriesi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.