Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, since the last Enfold update (4.8.6.2) all new events (with the events calendar plugin) result on a 404 page.
    I’m using a child theme but the issue remains the same with the parent one. If I switch to the default wp theme it works fine, though.
    Could you help me with this?
    Thank you!

Hi Antonia,

Thanks for contacting us!

No upcoming events can be found on my end and events page and past events load fine on my end. I could not login to inspect further though. Could you please post password as well? :)

Best regards,
    Yigit

Thank you, Yigit. That’s exactly the problem: any new event you create will result in a 404 page. There’s not problem with past events. I copied the password below. Thank you!

Hey,

I tested the latest version of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro on my local installation however it works fine for me. I also tried de-activating active plugins on your installation however that did not help.

Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to enable PHP ZipArchive Extension and increase PHP Post Max Size and PHP Max Upload Size to 16M? I am not sure if that is related however increasing these values and enabling the extension would be good to avoid future issues.

If that does not help, please post FTP logins here privately as well :)

Best regards,
    Yigit

Thank you, Yigit. I don’t know which combination of things are creating the problem. I asked already for the update you suggest, I’ll let you know if it solves the issue.

Hi,

You are welcome, Antonia! We will keep the thread open and wait to hear from you. Thread will be on hold and you can simply reply to this thread to re-open it :)

Cheers!
    Yigit

I have the same problem. PHP Max Size and Upload Size 64M. Shall I open a new thread for it?

Hi @oberton,

Yes, please start a new thread and attach temporary admin logins in private content field. If you post logins here, they will be visible to creator of this thread as well :)

Best regards,
    Yigit

thank you, please keep me posted

Hi @Antonia,

Has changing the settings on your server helped with the issue?

Best regards,
    Yigit

Resaving the permalink setting solved the problem. Permalinks were already set correctly to Post Name, but needed to be resaved without changing the setting.
    And to be on the safe side, I also completely cleared the the cache.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by oberton.

Hi oberton,

Great, I’m glad that you got things working, and thanks for sharing your solution.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi, I’m afraid that none of those solutions work in my case. I haven’t received an answer from the webhosting regarding the missing php modules but I don’t have high hopes there. Any other ideas?

Hi,
    Thank you for your patience, I took a look and notice that you are using a child theme and the footer.php & single-event.php files are both out of date and can not be updated because they have the wrong file permissions
    2021-10-09_006.jpg
    I also note that you have an error across the top of your site: The Events Calendar Shortcode PRO license needs to be activated. perhaps this is also an issue?
    Have you tried disabling your plugins one at a time to see if there is a conflict with one?

Best regards,
    Mike

Hi, thank you for noticing that! The webhosting finally updated php (8) on the server and the 404 error disappeared (great!). There are still some problems, apparently, so I’ll do what you’re suggesting. Thank you so much for your help. I hope this is the end of the issue (let’s see)

Hi Antonia,

Thanks for the update, we’ll keep this thread open for you in case you should need any further help.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Ok, the problems persisted but if I use the terrible WP block editor, for some reason, it works. Do you have any theories why this might be happening? I solved other problems in the past by switching to the block editor, including the impossibility to see the advanced layout editor otherwise.

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback, I see that you have many custom sort customizations in your child theme functions.php, but the file can not be edited because of the wrong file permissions,
    2021-10-09_006.jpg
    please correct the file permissions on your web host and remove these customizations for now while we try to sort out why your new events are pointing to a 404, also do you see any errors in your web host error logs?

Best regards,
    Mike

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.