Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

when a bad URL pops up to redirect to our 404 landing page, it usually just goes to a completely blank page. when I did it on Firefox, it’s a white page and on Chrome, it’s bright blue.

How do we fix it so it goes to a legit 404 landing page and what PHP files in our theme do we access to customize our 404 landing page to be less vague/have more CTAs?

thanks!

Hey ShopFloorAutomations,

Here is a thread for you to consider

If you need further assistance please let us know.
    Best regards,
    Victoria

Victoria – thank you. I did try this solution and it DID NOT work, unfortunately. Please advise what else we should do:

/wp-content/themes/enfold/404.php
    try creating a new page in WordPress and name it 404, and save. Be sure the url reads 404 and not 404-2 as mine did. I got past this point by naming it 4o4 (that is the letter o)
    Then add this code to the end of your functions.php file in Appearance > Editor

function error_page_rewrite( $wp ) {
    if (is_404()) {
    wp_redirect( home_url( user_trailingslashit( ‘4o4’ ) ) );
    exit;
    }
    }

add_action( ‘wp’, ‘error_page_rewrite’ );

Hi ShopFloorAutomations,

Can you give us temporary admin access to your website in the private content box below, so that we can have a closer look?

Best regards,
    Victoria

This reply has been marked as private.

sent you the info you needed privately

Hi,

The 404 page is working properly. ( see private field )

The login credentials are not working though. Please provide the correct credentials if you need further help with the issue.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi. The 404 page is not working. try URL https://www.shopfloorautomations.com/floppydisk and you will see it does not go to an internal 404 page. while the error where the whole blue or white box swallowing up our page does not happen, it just looks like it goes to a designated dead page format that the internet browser made when you hit a 404 page.

we want to keep people on our webpage when a 404 occurs.

I will send a private followup message with the log in credentials again. thank you.

we wish for all 404 errors to bounce to this landing page https://www.shopfloorautomations.com/4o4/

thank you for your help

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Basilis.

Hi,

Sorry I removed the credentials from the post and I didnt saved ( so they are not public ) can you please add them on the private area?

Thank you

Best regards,
    Basilis

we never got a notification that you replied to this thread, which is problematic. I will send another private reply with the info on how to get into our site and fix this 404 issue.

Hi

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Victoria.

Hi ShopFloorAutomations,

You need to be running at least php5.6.3 for the code to work properly. Please upgrade your php.

Best regards,
    Victoria

I will inform my developer , but until it is officially fixed, let’s not close this ticket yet. thank you

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know.

Best regards,
    Basilis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Landing Page Issue’ is closed to new replies.