Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am seeing a 404 error loading “themes/enfold/images/background-images/ios-linen-dark.png”

on my Marin Real Estate Blog page and other pages within my site.

Can you help fix this? It looks like it’s a theme file no longer used?

Thanks,
    Rob

Hey goldengate415,
    It looks like your domain is being added twice at the beginning of the url, once you change the url so your domain is only once the image is found.
    Please try to disable caching, is your staging site also doing this?
    Best regards,
    Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for your response!
    Interesting!
    No, the staging site is not doing this (in private content).

Caching cannot be disabled as it is server side mandated by WP Engine, but I can exclude certain cookies and subdirectories.

What would you suggest I try?

Thanks much!
    Rob

Hi Rob,

I think Mike meant css merging. Anyway, I cannot check the website, I guess you’re blocking locations.

Best regards,
    Victoria

Hi victoria,
    Geoblocking is now turned off…can you try again please?

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi,
    Interesting that this is not happening on your staging site because if I recall correctly they are both on the same server with the same settings. Is this image set in your functions.php with a add action like this?

add_action('wp_head', function() {
    	echo '<link rel="icon" sizes="32x32" href="/ios-linen-dark.png">';
    });

and if so please try changing the path to absolute, this is the full url.
    If the image is added in your header.php, or wherever, still try changing the path.

Best regards,
    Mike

Hi Mike,
    WP Engine puts them both on the same server, but has caching on the production side that’s not on the staging side. I’m not sure what other differences there might be.

I didn’t see this in functions or header.

I’ll leave admin login credentials for staging side in private content.

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi,

Might be related with https://kriesi.at/support/topic/again-one-problem-with-merged-css/#post-1082689 and enabled css merging.

Best regards,
    Günter

You got it! When I enable CSS compression under Enfold performance tab, the 404 error above starts… if I disable, it goes away.

Is this a bug with css compression? Well done on figuring this out!

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi,

There was a problem with the file paths (relative to root). Did you try to update the file asset-manager.class as mentioned in this other topic?

In this fix the problem should be solved if the paths to your file are following the standard CSS rules.

Best regards,
    Günter

Hi this is beyond my capability… not sure why this one file is popping up with css optimization is turned on. I wonder if it’s happening with other Enfold sites?

I don’t think the css optimization works anyway from what I have seen when I click ctrl-u on my site. I don’t see it compressed.

At this point I’ll just turn off css optimization item on Enfold performance settings.

Thanks

Hi,

If you want I can update the file on your staging site (must be Enfold 4.5.5). I rechecked the code – the problem should be fixed.

Best regards,
    Günter

Hi,

Thanks for the offer – currently that site is out of date as I am working on an issue with a plugin author and need to keep it frozen to several weeks ago.

If you were to do that, the changes would need to be reapplied before next update right?

Actually, I solved it by disabling the performance options on Enfold (which, respectfully, never really worked for my site anyway) and going back to a performance plugin that I love (Fast Velocity Minify).

Hoping you are working on some great new features for us in upcoming releases Günter! :)

Thanks,
    Rob

Hi,

Actually a real performance plugin is certainly the better solution – Enfold optimization is only intended to support users who do not want to use a caching plugin.

Feel free to come back when you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Günter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.