Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello and thank you for making a great theme!

I am having some more server related issues with the theme. Below is a screen shot on the site of the error I am having in regards to the theme pinging my server through the API. This is causing page load and theme related issues in regards to functionality and responsiveness.

Link example: http://schneidercentre.com/example/

Please let me know what about the theme and/or evanto could be causing this so I can make the correct fixes.

Thank you,
    -mike

Hi addwebtoday!

I’ll mark this thread for Kriesi and Dude’s attention. Please wait for their response.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hi!

I’ll ask Kriesi to check the update api. For now I recommend to deactivate the auto update function if you want to save resources – insert following code into the child or parent theme functions.php file:

add_theme_support('avia_manual_updates_only');

Cheers!
    Peter

If I use this, where do I update within the interface? I don’t like to update themes manually via FTP as that can cause issues sometimes if not working properly.

Hey!

Unfortunately you can’t update the theme within the interface because your server obviously can’t connect to the Envato download server (you just get a 403 error). I recommend to use ftp and to make a backup of the old theme files first by renaming the folder (i.e. from enfold to enfold_bak). Then upload the new theme files into the enfold folder. Personally I always update my themes with ftp because you’ve much more control and it’s also safer than an update with wordpress. Sometimes you may experience transmission errors (corrupt files, etc.) but you can solve this problem easily by re-uploading all files again – you just need to confirm the overwrite files dialog and that’s it.

Best regards,
    Peter

Any tips on confirm the overwrite files “dialog”? That’s the only aspect I didn’t understand

He’s referring to updating via FTP:

Cheers!
    Josue

I don’t want to use an FTP if the theme has a function that allows updating natively within wordpress, as many premium themes support at this date. Is it a permissions issue? I can update my themes within wordpress, especially the “X Theme” which has never given me a 403 error when trying to accomplish this basic task. Let me know what needs to happen so that I can use the theme as intended regarding updating natively within wordpress. Your response is not what I am putting this ticket in for.

Is the latest update fixing this issue so I don’t have to customize PHP simply to preserve resources?

I’ve been having the same issue, I’ll get the 403 error when trying to upload enfold 3.0 within WordPress. So I manually uploaded the enfold file and now I have problems with the function.php and the config.php.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Envato Theme related issue’ is closed to new replies.