Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    after updating Enfold 40 pages build with Custum post type have totaly crashed.
    This is how it should look like:
    maskenzauber.com/testpage-2/
    This is what it did loook like (ts just a piece of a bigger mess)
    :maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-foobar.jpg

Ismael told me that the problem can be solved by some php for my functions.php

function avf_alb_supported_post_types_mod( array $supported_post_types )
    {
      $supported_post_types[] = 'angebot';
      return $supported_post_types;
    }
    add_filter('avf_alb_supported_post_types', 'avf_alb_supported_post_types_mod', 10, 1);

This did not help since the layout is still foobar.
    See this video and Screenshot:
    maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-issue2.mp4
    maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-tabissue.jpg
    (the tabs are still not beside each other and it is NOT a caching-thing like proposed by support)

In addition to the last problem i now dont have any options to make the post fullwidth or to assign/choose certain sidebars.
    You can see it here:
    maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-tabs2.jpg

I got this crash-issues on 40 custom-post-type pages, right after an update of Enfold.
    This issue can be repeated – you just take the this code, put it in an WP-Installation with one slightly older versions of WP and Enfold and update.
    I reproduced it 4 times for testing purpose.
    maskenzauber.com/temp/code-enfoldpost.txt

A friend of mine – Senior Web-Dev in some company – said that it looks like a markup issue in Enfold.
    This sounds plausible since the CPT-Plugin does not do anything with markup or CSS or anything thats connected with layout.

i have been asked by Ismael to open up a a new post as a “follow-up” and this is the initial thread where you find more information if needed:
    This is also the place where you find the credentials to the Admin:
    kriesi.at/support/topic/website-totally-crashed-after-theme-update/

The issue can bee seen here:

and here:

Maren

Hey,

We don’t usually entertain multiple questions in a single thread because of the same reasons that we mentioned in your previous threads. You will also receive a response faster if there is only one question in the thread, so we encourage users to open a separate thread for each inquiry.

This did not help since the layout is still foobar.

1.) That snippet is supposed to enable the ALB for the custom post types, which it did. It won’t fix pages that are already broken prior to the update.

maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-tabissue.jpg

2.) We corrected the shortcode inside the second “Preise” tab. It’s now rendering the table shortcode correctly. (https://ich-will.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=23569&action=edit&classic-editor=1)

In addition to the last problem i now dont have any options to make the post fullwidth or to assign/choose certain sidebars.
    You can see it here:

3.) We are not really sure why the layout box is not visible in the post type. There is probably a configuration that we are missing. It is still visible in the default posts. We’ll get back to you once we figure out the issue.

I reproduced it 4 times for testing purpose.
    maskenzauber.com/temp/code-enfoldpost.txt

4.) We saved the shortcode as template and use it instead of manually adding it in the debug mode field. You can see the results here. ( https://ich-will.org/?post_type=angebot&p=23574&preview=true#tab-id-4 )

Regards,
    Ismael

Hello,
    – I run a dev-installation that contains 40 posts made with CPT
    – I work on this new version of my website since almost 7 months now and it worked perfect with several older WP and Enfold-versions
    Since the last update these posts are completely foobar and i can repeat and proof it

This is a issue on your end and you try to disconnect and separate the issues in little parts.
    But these issues are not singular events and so they have to bee seen as one thing – a result of something bigger.

2.) We corrected the shortcode inside the second “Preise” tab.

I DONT want that you correct it.
    I want that you FIND the REASON why an update breaks 40 CPT-Posts.
    I dont want to correct 40 posts if i am not responsible for foobaring it.
    It came through YOUR update – so you should check your theme for glitches, wrong markup or broken shortcode-processes and not blame me for something i am not responsible.
    AND AT LEAST you should tell me what exactly you corrected – you cant expect me to rebuild all 40 pages i already spended days with.
    So what EXACTLY did you change??

This situation totally blocks my plans and prevents to reach my milestones

Maren

And just to avoid misunderstandings:
    The second “Preise”-Tab has been generated by your update
    It does not exist in my 40 CPT-posts.
    But it exists after i update.

Hi,

Since the last update these posts are completely foobar and i can repeat and proof it

The only things we are sure that changed in the latest update that is closely related to this issue is the filter (avf_alb_supported_post_types), which enables the ALB for custom post types, and the element manager, which prevents execution of shortcodes when they are added outside the builder or the widgets. However, these changes should not have affected the post content or the shortcodes, so we don’t really know why the first tab is duplicated.

I DONT want that you correct it.

It was an opening tab shortcode inside the “Preise” tab and it was added right above the table shortcode. It is probably why the first tab was duplicated, but we can’t be sure. Unfortunately, the duplicates will have to be removed manually. We haven’t encountered the same issue so far.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
    Ismael

So you think it was “Magic”?

You think its fixed now?
    But why is there still no layout box ???

This Video made by my friend shows exactly that there is something wrong with Enfold.
    https://maskenzauber.com/temp/enfoldtabissue.mp4

We just copied the shortcode from here:

..to there (completely fresh installation)

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

But why is there still no layout box ???

You have to include this filter in functions.php file to re-enable the layout meta box for you custom post types.

function avf_metabox_layout_post_types_mod( array $supported_post_types )
    {
     $supported_post_types[] = 'bild-des-tages';
    }
    add_filter('avf_metabox_layout_post_types', 'avf_metabox_layout_post_types_mod', 10, 1);

We just copied the shortcode from here:

We are not really sure why the shortcodes broke after the update. Sorry about that. The only way to fix them is to edit each post manually and remove the opening tab shortcode in the second “Preise” tab content and get rid of the duplicate tab.

Best regards,
    Ismael

You told me in one of your last posts that you fixed the “Pricing tab issue”

2.) We corrected the shortcode inside the second “Preise” tab. It’s now rendering the table shortcode correctly.

This is not true.
    In fact it seems that this is not solvable at all.
    Plese see this new video that shows that there is some bigger thing going on.
    [video src="https://maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-pricingtabs.mp4" /]

I really hate the fact that i have to rebuild 40 pages and that i lost so much time and money although i did nothing wrong
    But i really hate it much more that you even…
    – didnt fix it
    – and so you cant even tell me what to fix

its like leaving me alone with a completly f*****ed up website

and another thing, Ismael..
    You told me some days ago that i have to put that PHP-Code in my functions to get back the layout box

function avf_alb_supported_post_types_mod( array $supported_post_types )
    {
      $supported_post_types[] = 'bild-des-tages';
    }
    add_filter('avf_alb_supported_post_types', 'avf_alb_supported_post_types_mod', 10, 1);

But now you gave me another one.So which one is the correct one?
    The one you gave me some days ago or the one you gave me now??

and in addition:
    Someone from your team putted this code into it:

function my_custom_exec_sc_only( $exec_sc_only, $obj_sc, $atts, $content, $shortcodename, $fake )
    {return true;}
    add_filter( 'avf_alb_exec_sc_only', 'my_custom_exec_sc_only', 10, 6 );

If you consider the isssue as solved – why do you leave your testing code in my installation instead of cleaning it up correct?

and one more:
    Your shortcode-parser shows at least 2 warnings regarding the “pricing tab issue” but even the “Repair on updating”-function does not fix i

Its not even possible to rebuild. the section
    here another Video:
    [video src="https://maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-rebuild.mp4" /]
    Watch the result which makes it completely weird and absurd.

The only way to fix them is to edit each post manually and remove the opening tab shortcode in the second “Preise” tab content and get rid of the duplicate tab.

This is not the reason!
    If you think that it is – why dont you proof it just by fixing it?

May i have support please?

Hi,

You told me some days ago that i have to put that PHP-Code in my functions to get back the layout box

That is to enable the builder for your custom post types, while the recent one will enable the Layout meta box as you requested. Both snippet should go in the functions.php file. Please review the previous thread.

// https://kriesi.at/support/topic/website-totally-crashed-after-theme-update/#post-1146366

Someone from your team putted this code into it:

We added the “avf_alb_exec_sc_only” filter to allow execution of shortcodes that were not added directly from the builder. You don’t have to remove it.

If you think that it is – why dont you proof it just by fixing it?

This is the post where we fix the shortcode.

// http://ich-will.org/fotografisches-angebot/i-am-a-test/#tab-id-1

For the remaining posts with the issue, you need to modify the second “Preise” tab, remove the opening tab shortcode and leave the table shortcode.

Thank you for the update.

Best regards,
    Ismael

I will check that

And still there are open questions:
    I gave you in my initially thread (which you wanted to close so urgently) my actual functions.php and asked you which parts are still valid or which are not.
    Everything you see there are things Enfold-support provided once and since its code you gave to us or other users i think its in your responsibility to check and tell me if you changed the code or if i can still work with that without running into trouble.
    Please dont leave us in the lurch for so long!!

Hi!

All the snippets that we recently added in the functions.php file are necessary, so you should not remove them. They will enable the ALB and the Layout meta box for the custom post types, and execute shortcodes that are added within the builder elements.

We urged you to close the thread because the initial problems have already been solved — the ALB for custom post type and the duplicate shortcodes. Prolonging threads is actually at your disadvantage because it gets quite confusing not only for us but for other users who might be looking for the same solution. This is why we always ask our users to open a separate thread for each inquiry, and ask them to avoid extending existing ones.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
    Ismael

NO – the initial problem HAS NOT been solved.
    Not at all

The initial problem was that the price tab was above and the other tabs have been below like i mentioned in my first thread:
    maskenzauber.com/temp/enfold-foobar.jpg

Then you fixed something but you did not tell me what you fixed.
    And in my 40 pages which have been crashed i dont have any unclosed shortcodes that i could remove.
    So why dont you tell me what you have done so that i can repeat it??

Again:
    You told me to remove the opening price-tab but there is none because this is not the initial problem.
    Please try to solve the problem on the source and not just fix the symptoms

Hey!

So why dont you tell me what you have done so that i can repeat it??

We have been telling you what to do repeatedly but you seem to be not interested on applying it. Please review our replies here.

// https://kriesi.at/support/topic/40-pages-crashed-compatibility-issues-with-cpt-plugin-alb/#post-1150395
    // https://kriesi.at/support/topic/40-pages-crashed-compatibility-issues-with-cpt-plugin-alb/#post-1149214

For the remaining posts with the issue, you need to modify the second “Preise” tab, remove the opening tab shortcode and leave the table shortcode.

==================

The initial problem was that the price tab was above and the other tabs have been below l

Fixing the shortcode as we suggested above should also repair that issue. Please check the test page where we removed the opening tab shortcode inside the tab. (see private field)

Regards,
    Ismael

Update:
    – If i use the plugin “Post Type Switcher” to switch from CPT “Angebote” to page – everything is fine
    – If i switch back from Page to CTP everything is broken again in the same manner then it was before.

How can this be since CPT-UI does not do anything regarding to layout.
    It just registers the taxonomy.

Hi,

Why do you need to switch the custom post type to page? Unfortunately, this feature is not within the theme, so it’s beyond the scope of support. Please contact the plugin developer regarding the issue.

Best regards,
    Ismael

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.