Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I recently switched to Enfold for a content website and have a couple of questions.

1. Blog title: It always keeps saying “Blog – latest news”: How can I change that to something else (Post title or Category)

2. Breadcrumbs: Currently it shows a “/”, but how can I change it to ” >> ” as it does in the header preview?

3. Breadcrumbs: Do not seem to show the category a post is in, My permalink settings = /%category%/%postname%/
    So I have: Home / Blog Post
    But I want: Home / Category / Blog Post
    Is this normal behaviour? Can I change that?

4. While having 400+ posts, It doesn’t show any related posts. Is crawling for indexing needed for this to work? (I am testing on a subfolder before launching)

Thanks in advance for your response!

Hi Fiscalio ;
    # 1 you can find the answer (and more) here : http://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/replace-the-default-blog-latest-news-title/

Thanks begrafiks,

That nailed #1!

Hi!

2.) You can edit functions-enfold.php. Look for this code then change the separator value:

if($breadcrumb) $additions .= avia_breadcrumbs(array('separator' => '/', 'richsnippet' => true));

3.) The breadcrumb should show the first category of the post by default. Please give us a link to a post with the issue.

4.) Related posts will show if two posts have the same or related tags.

Regards,
    Ismael

Hi Ismael,
    Thanks for your help.

#4: in that case everything ok (I don’t have any tags yet).

#2: Breadcrumb separator seems ok, this has to be done in the main theme itself? (I tried copying it in child theme but the change didn’t have any effect).

#3: //removed//
    Permalinks (updated them again to be sure) still are set to /%category%/%postname%/

Hope you have an idea!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Fiscalio.

Hi!

2.) You can copy the whole avia_title function inside the child theme’s functions.php.

3.) Did you add any breadcrumb modifications? Please post the login detail here. We would like to check it.

Regards,
    Ismael

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi,

It looks like it’s fixed. I published my frontpage, chose the page as my frontpage and the breadcrumbs changed too and now display the category! No need to login anymore :)

Additional question: Is there an option of quick code I can use to avoid date displays when I use “magazine” (title+excerpt) in pagebuilder?

Hey!

Use the following:

time.av-magazine-time {
        display: none;
    }

Cheers!
    Josue

css … why didn’t I think of this!

Thanks for all the help Josue and Ismael, my site is up and running.

You are welcome, glad we could help :)

Regards,
    Josue

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.