Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hi There,
    can you tell me how can I have 4 pictures in a raw with no padding between them? also, I don’t want them to get the whole width of my website and they should have a little padding from edges of my screen. Exactly like team member pictures in this website
    https://sidlee.com/en/about
    (Please keep in mind that for mouseover effect I needed to use code block instead of image element)
    Thanks

Hey hooman80,

The closest thing to that in the theme would be the Grid Row element, please try that out.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi Rikard,
    I already used Grid Row. unfortunately I can’t have 4 pictures with no padding from each other without sacrificing the left and write padding from the screen. (I already designed something similar to what I need with 3 pictures in a row. but I need 4 pictures) sorry if I can’t explain it better. Please check my page for better understanding.
    I want my row looks exactly like this page team members section: https://sidlee.com/en/about

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Please add the content in 1/4 elements, inside of a Color Section, and we’ll have a look if we can give you some custom CSS to use.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi Rikard,
    Thanks for your reply. I just put them in color section 1/4 elements. Please check.

this is my Advance Layout for it:

• give a custom class to the color section f.e. : four-in-a-row
    • you can put as many 1/4 Containers in it you like.
    • BUT: ever first 1/4 column in it – you had to set the no-margin ( no space between the columns) option again
    • The Containers 1/4 : no distance but indivual height
    • put in each 1/4 container an image , a heading , a textblock
    • the images are pure images – you can animate them if you like
    • the images should have the same dimensions!

put this to your quick css:

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper {
      display: flex;
      flex-flow: row wrap;
      justify-content: space-between;
    }

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper:before,
    .four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper:after,
    .four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column:before,
    .four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column:after {
      display: none
    }

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column {
      float: none;
      width: unset !important;
      padding: 0;
      margin: 0;
      flex: 0 1 25%;
      display: inline-flex;  /***  the flex-item itself is a flex-container too ***/
      flex-flow: column wrap;
      justify-content: stretch;
    }

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column .av-special-heading {
      padding: 0 !important;
      margin: 0; 
    }

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column .av-special-heading,
    .four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column .av_textblock_section  {
      padding: 5px 20px !important;
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 989px) {
        flex: 0 1 33.33%;
      }
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
        flex: 0 1 50%;
      }
    }

@media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
        flex: 1 1 100%;
      }
    }

if you like to start with 6 images in a row – no problem :
    start with
    flex: 0 1 16.66%;

see result: https://webers-testseite.de/4inarow/

Hi Guenni007,

thanks for your advice unfortunately it couldn’t fix my problem. because I need to use codeblock instead of image element. I want my pictures to change in hover mode and image element does not give me that option.

Use instead of the img container a code block alb. Why – are these svgs you want to use as inline svg with inside animations / hover states etc ?
    if they all got the same view-box size ( or at least the same aspect ratio ) this could be done.
    But to speculate further here would be unproductive. Either show what kind of “images” you are talking about, or a link to the corresponding page.

See Testpage again with ( now sorry they do not have the same size as the images ) : https://webers-testseite.de/4inarow/
    hover the svgs

so more and precise input for those who want and could help.

Hi Guenni, sorry if you’ve got confused. let me clearly explain what I need to do:
    I want my team member pictures exactly like the page below::
    https://sidlee.com/en/about

1. members photos change in hover. from their serious faces to funny faces.( that’s why I use code block instead of image element)
    2. pictures have 0 padding & margin. BUT have a 50px left and right padding to the parent container.(again exactly like the website I mentioned above)

My setup above – go and open the 1/4 column and set the other image as background-image – with background-repeat: contain !

now you will have the additonal css:

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column:hover img {
      opacity: 0;
      transition: opacity 1s ease;
    }

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column img {
      opacity: 1;
      transition: opacity 1s ease;
    }

and if you like to have your own cursor type – like your example-page replace that one rule with

.four-in-a-row .entry-content-wrapper .flex_column:hover img {
        opacity: 0;
        transition: all 1s ease;
        cursor: url(/wp-content/uploads/tile-hover.png) 60 12,auto;
    }

see first image in test page
    Then you can link the full 1/4 column to the team member page.

2. pictures have 0 padding & margin. BUT have a 50px left and right padding to the parent container.(again exactly like the website I mentioned above)

i do not see that on the image in your example page – as on my test page too

If you have seen that effect now – please tell – because i want to remove the images on copyright reasons

Edit: done – i used now some images from pixabay.

Hi,

Thanks for helping out @guenni007 :-)

Please let us know if you should need any further help on the topic @hooman80.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi Guenni007

Thank you for your great help! I did those steps and the result is exactly what I expected. you’re amazing! there is only one problem still I have:
    the layout changes in width 988. how can I fix it(it can either changes to 2 picture or 4 picture format. doesn’t really matter).
    Please check the page here:
    https://lostspiritgroup.com/about-us/
    password: Hooman

Thank you!

Have you thought about editing the first of the 1/4 columns of each row so that it is set to no-margin?
    Unfortunately, the first in a row is always assigned the default value: “space between columns”.

Be carefull to do this each time – when you change positions in your layout ( by moving the columns e.g.)

it is because of this rule in enfold settings:

.responsive .av_one_fourth.first + .av_one_fourth.flex_column_div {
     margin-left: 4%
    }

so you got two options here – either you think of that to edit each first column in that layout – or you overwrite it by:
    ( and that is much more comfortable )

.responsive #top .four-in-a-row .flex_column {
     margin-left: 0 !important
    }
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Guenni007.

Very important on flex modell use!
    every element that is inside the flex-container is part of the rules – so no additional Heading inside a 1/1 container or a hr to have more space on top or bottom ( you can do this via padding ) should be inside the flex container.

Hi,

Thanks for helping out @guenni007 :-)

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi @guenni007

Thanks for your great help. still I have a problem with the code. please check our team members in the page below. can you see that little line under some pictures( for example under Angela Hadjipavlou picture). I really don’t know why it happens. all pages are exactly same size. first column margin sets on 0 and I didn’t add any other element in the color section.

thanks in advance.

https://lostspiritgroup.com/about/
    password: Hooman80

Hi,

Thanks for the update. The page password doesn’t seem to be working though, please post a working one, so that we can access the page.

Best regards,
    Rikard

sorry the password is : Hooman

excuse me did yo have time to check it?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.