Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi Folks,

I was to fast again…and did the newest update a few minutes before.
    After that, the “drag&drop and scroll-problem“ with the block-editor is back again.
    And now also in Firefox! ;-( And now? Back again to the classic-editor…
    What kind of problem is that everytime again? Or is it simply because I just use the
    old mac-os? (Mac OS 10.11.6)

Best regards
    Carsten

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by designbasis.

Hey Carsten,

I can’t reproduce the problem you are describing using the latest version of the theme. The OS you are running doesn’t affect the Layout Builder. If you need further help then please provide us with login details and steps how to reproduce the problem on your site.

Best regards,
    Rikard

It would help if Enfold updated the changelog so users could see what the changes are before updating. The team is, and always have been slow to do this. ;)

Cliffy is not wrong about this ;-)

Sorry, no offence, but it would be great if the changelog was updated in advance!
    This has nothing directly to do with my problem now, but it would be good to
    know if it is an important or not so important update. :-)

Thx Cliffy for the note! :-)

Hi Rikard,

thx for your reply and information!
    I tested it again and on the first page everything worked well with the
    block-editor. But after I switched to next page unfortunately the
    problems are back! ;-( I cannot explain this to myself…sorry! ;-/ And I
    think it wouldn’t helps if you would test it. But – the proof of the pudding
    is in the eating… :-) So, if you like…feel free!

I really looking forward to your answer!

Best regards
    Carsten

PS: I tested it once again and it was the same as before. ;-/
    I tested first the “Warum designbasis?” side. With this side
    it worked twice, but it can’t really be because of this particular side.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by designbasis.

@ Cliffy
    1) the changelog (version.txt) is in the big zip file on Envato (“All files and documentation”) – yes it would be nice to have this file in the “Installable WordPress File only” archive too.

2) i do always update like this ( https://kriesi.at/support/topic/some-hints-and-advice-to-update-enfold/#post-1056107 ) – so there is always a rollback version.

3) if you update manually ( by uploading that zip file or via ftp) you can decide when you like to update. It is not necessary to do it on the first day of release – wait till the changelog is here: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/changelog/

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the login details. I checked your front page, Warum Designbasis and the Service page, but I can’t reproduce the problem on either one of them. Could you try a different browser or an incognito/private window in your current one please?

Changelog; we do forget to update that sometimes yes, we’ll try to do better in the future. It has been updated now though: https://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/changelog/

Best regards,
    Rikard

Good evening Rikard,

thx for your new reply, the informations and your check-up!

I checked the problem of course in different browsers, but everywhere was it the same. ;-/
    But your tip to try it in a “private window“ was good, because there it works again. :-)
    My first attempt in Safari was a bit strange at first, because first it worked and then again
    it didn’t. But after that it worked in Firefox and Safari…and still does. ;-) Hopefully also in
    the future, so tomorrow! I will report! :-)

Have a good start into the new week…see ya soon…

Best regards
    Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the update. If it works in an incognito or private browser then please try to clear all caches and cookies from the regular browser and restart it, then it should work normally after that.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Good evening again Rikard,

thx for your new reply!

I don’t know why, but at the moment it still works only in the private window,
    also if I cleared the caches and cookies before…sorry! ;-/ But the main thing
    is that it works at all in the private window. ;-) I’ll check it further and will report
    again…until then…

Best regards
    Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the update. If it works in a private window then it should work in a normal one as well, as it does on my end for example. That means the problem you are having is local. I’m not sure what the problem could be though, if you have cleared caches and cookies, and restarted the browser.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi Rikard,

thx for the new reply. Yes, it should work in a normal one as well, but
    it doesn’t…sorry, don’t know what the reason is? ;-/ I need to explore
    my computer (my work-around) further…damn technic ;-) But it never
    gets boring, does it? ;-) I’ll keep you up to date.

Best regards
    Carsten

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the update. I can’t say why it’s not working on some of your browser, but not on others unfortunately. But it must be something local to your machine, since I can’t reproduce it on my end.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.