Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

since Enfold 4.7.3, masonry item for showing the posts (blog) with showing the sort option:

A) clicking on a category give me 2 posts as a result. But there are 25 to show and the setting is: show 16 posts per page. So the masonry gives the button “load more”. After clicking I get 6 more. (that are still not 16 but 8, so the user has to click again “show more”… and so on)
    -> why is the first result not showing 16, then showing 9 more (=25)?
    -> in other categories it’s quite the same (instead of 16 posts 4 or 5 are shown even if there are over 200 posts)

B) I have a shaky masonry blog overview, when clicking on the “load more” button. A second scrollbar is showing up for some seconds on the right side and the post images are flaring up for 1-2 seconds.

Thanks for help.
    Nautrino

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by nautrino.

Hey nautrino,

Could you please attach some screenshots of the issue?

Can you give us temporary admin access to your website in the private content box below, so that we can have a closer look?

Best regards,
    Victoria

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Nautrino,

Thank you for clarification.

The two posts for the Illustration category show up because of the way the query works in this masonry. First, the number of posts you specified are fetched from the database, then it’s categories are used to build the filter on top of the page. So it’s not like 5 posts from every category are selected. When you click “Load More” the next batch is loaded. Hence, the filter behavior.

As for the shaking, I did not see it on my end. Which browser are you using?

Best regards,
    Victoria

Hi Victoria,

thanks for your answer.

It took me a little while to understand. But now I’ve got it. So, we have to look for an other solution / plugin. Our clients do not understand this way the query works.

The shaking issue comes up in Chrome, Firefox and Safari – all on Macs with Mac OS 10.14.6. We did not test it on other systems
    I’m not sure if it’s because of the update to 4.7.3 or if I haven’t seen it before.

Best regards,
    Nautrino

Hi Nautrino,

Yeah, if this behavior does not work for you, you’ll need to look for another solution.

If you need further assistance please let us know.
    Best regards,
    Victoria

Hi, Victoria,

do you have any suggestions regarding the “shaking effect”? It seems, the masonry is making an inner iframe or something like that that brings up for a short moment (the time in which the content is loading) a second pulldownbar on the right side…
    ?

Best regards,
    Nautrino

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

This should help remove the shaking during loading.

.avia_loading_icon {
        display: none !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Ismael

Hey, cool!
    Seems to work!
    Thanks a lot! :-)

Nautrino

Hi,

I’m glad this was resolved. If you need additional help, please let us know here in the forums.

Best regards,
    Jordan Shannon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘4.7.3 issue with masonry?’ is closed to new replies.