Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have an Enfold full page video as the first element on my homepage. Further down the page is a Layerslider slide rotating 4 further videos that people can click to play. Autoplay is disabled on these.

With the Layerslider on the page the Enfold full page video slider at the top of the page will not load at all. If you take the Layerslider off, it will load.

Would there be a solution here so that the full page video does load and I can still have the Layerslider on the page too?

Hey WordPressed,

Please provide a link to the site question so that I can look into this further.

Best regards,
    Jordan Shannon

Hi

Hi,

Please send us a temporary admin login and login URL so that we can have a closer look. You can post the details in the Private Content section of your reply.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Please find log in details below. Thank you.

Hi Enfold Support,

Would you be kind enough to provide an update here, please?

Thank you.

Hi Enfold Support,

I’m really not trying to be a pain here and I know you are all very busy, but I posted on this almost 10 days ago now, my threads have been closed early by accident, responses not followed up, I’ve given you the site location and created a login for you but still no support actions have been undertaken to advise on and/or fix the issue I’ve reported. Could you I ask you very kindly to have a look at this for me, please, as the issue is halting progress of the website build now as I cannot continue to use these sliders if they are not going to work.

It’s a very simple matter. I have 2 sliders on the homepage, one Enfold full-screen slider and one advanced layer slider. It would seem that one or the other (it varies) will not load/play with the other one on the page too. This doesn’t seem right to me but I am unable to identify the reason. This is where I hoped you would be able to advise.

Thank you.

Hi,

create a new page where you re create all your elements. One is causing this issue and we need to find out which one. Keep all plugins deactivated while testing.

Best regards,
    Andy

Sorry, not sure I follow?

Why would I recreate everything? Shouldn’t this be something you guys do or identify? It’s your theme and you incorporate Advanced Layer Slider, I’m just using it as you’ve packaged and sold it – and it doesn’t work.

Recreating everything is going to take ages, do you mean to simply recreate the whole page again from scratch?? I haven’t changed any coding or anything, your product(s) are not working straight off the shelf.

I would anticipate you guys recreating the issue or if you can’t I’m quite happy to have a refund for the theme and use another one instead.

Please advise.

Hi guys,

We enter another day of this problem still not being solved.

You asked me to set you up a login, which I did, but you haven’t done anything to help rectify this problem. I am unable to build this site if the sliders and videos I need to feature on the site are not going to work.

Could you please, please help me here or advise how I escalate this issue, or could you let me know if you would prefer to refund me for the cost of the theme and Advanced Layer Slider and I will but a theme that does work?

Thank you.

I have now had my hosting company look into it and run some tests, they have checked for plugin clashes and said there is nothing wrong with the site, plugins and set up. They were, however, able to recreate the problem on a separate page by adding the two sliders together.

Link to the test page built with just the two sliders on

Hi Graeme,

Again, we are sorry for the late reply.

Current version of LayerSlider seems to be the cause of the issue. There have been some other reports about LayerSlider. Our dev team is currently working on implementing updated version of LayerSlider into Enfold. Once they are done implementing and testing, we will release a new update. I will report this issue to our dev team so they can look into it as well.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to solve the issue you are having with a small code snippet. We would need to look further into the issue. If you do not mind, could you please post FTP logins here privately as well?

Regards,
    Yigit

Hi Yigit.

Thank you for confirming the issue and for clarifying the situation. Now I know this is the state of play I will leave this design approach alone until further updates are made.

With regard to FTP details, I don’t actually use FTP myself, never really leave the WP interface. Is this essential to you at the moment? I can get them if required.

Hi!

I have been able to reproduce the issue on my local installation which means our devs will probably be able to reproduce on their end as well therefore FTP logins are not needed.

I have now reported the issue to our devs and added this thread to my personal list. Will keep you updated as i hear from our dev team.

Cheers!
    Yigit

Top man. Thank you again. No problem in waiting for a fix.

In the meantime, sorry to take up more of your time, but I am trying to display multiple videos on the homepage without taking up huge amounts of space, hence trying to use the sliders.

I tried to use the Content Slider instead, set to auto-rotate 4-5 videos in pairs, but now I notice that when you click play the slider continues to slide and slides the video, now playing, straight off screen.

1) Is there a way to stop the Content Slider sliding when a video is playing?
    2) Do you have any other possible ideas or suggestions as to how I can display 4-5 video in a slider that will play both on desktop and mobile? Fallback images are no good.

I just wish I could you use your built in sliders, but I cant as they will not show the videos on mobiles (which you can do with LayerSlider).

To add further complication, the Our Clients Include section at the base of the page is now not showing the logos I set in there. It was… now it’s not.

Hi!

No worries at all! We are here to help :)

Please go to wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/contentslider.php and find

$data = AviaHelper::create_data_string(array('autoplay'=>$autoplay, 'interval'=>$interval, 'animation' => $animation, 'show_slide_delay'=>30));

and change it to

$data = AviaHelper::create_data_string(array('autoplay'=>$autoplay, 'interval'=>$interval, 'animation' => $animation, 'show_slide_delay'=>30, 'hoverpause'=>1));

After applying these changes, content slider would pause on hover. Unfortunately, it is not easily possible to pause the slider when a video is playing. Please feel free to request such feature here – https://kriesi.at/support/enfold-feature-requests/

These changes will be overwritten when you update the theme as you are currently not using a child theme. We would recommend you to use a child theme – http://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/using-a-child-theme/ and move modified file to your child theme by referring to this thread – http://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/add-new-or-replace-advanced-layout-builder-elements-from-child-theme/

Best regards,
    Yigit

Thanks, Yigit. I’m not sure this is quite the solution, but I am grateful. I can’t rely on the client remaining on hover to stop the slider, I need the video to be static while playing. Not a crazy notion. I’m also too far down the line to bring in a child theme, but again, thanks for the code and suggestion.

Bottom line, there are no solutions with Enfold to slide videos on both mobile and desktop. I am surprised at this.

Lastly, a masonry gallery at the bottom of my homepage has now stopped functioning as well. I have done nothing here, it was fine and now the images are not displaying. Do you have any theories as to why this has now stopped working, please?

Hi!

Upcoming version (not the minor one) of Enfold will focus on improving mobile experience so our devs might enable videos on mobile which were disabled due to compatibility issues in the first place.

For child theme, you can simply install it, activate it, go to Enfold child theme options > Import & Export tab and import parent theme options. You can create a testing environment – http://kriesi.at/documentation/enfold/move-from-a-local-installation-to-a-live-server/ and try installing the child theme there to see if it causes any issues or not but it should not.

Masonry issue seems to be plugin related one. Can you please try de-activating all active plugins and check if that helps?

Regards,
    Yigit

Video sliders on mobiles is essential, I hope it comes soon.

All plugins now disabled, masonry still not showing.

Hi Yigit, can I turn plugins back on now? Need to crack on…

Hey!

Yes, you can activate them now.

I have added following code to Quick CSS field in Enfold theme options > General Styling

.avia_sortable_active .isotope {
        height: auto!important;
    }

Please flush cache and review your website now :)

Cheers!
    Yigit

Hi Yigit,

That seems to work, thank you. You have been incredibly helpful today.

What was wrong, though? Did I do something? Was a plugin causing the issue? Just trying to causing the same issue in the future.

Hi!

You are welcome! Happy if i could help :)

I could not reproduce the issue on my local installation and other users have not reported such issue. It definitely seems something external causing the issue. “height:0;” is being appended to masonry element which is why images are not showing even they are on the page.
    We will keep an eye on it. If you notice anything else that is unordinary, please let us know so we can look further into it.

Best regards,
    Yigit

Really, a great job and you saved the day. I know I have taken a lot of your time today.

I will keep and eye on things!

Have a great weekend. Thanks again!

Hey!

As i said before, no worries at all. We are here to help you :)

Thanks! You too have a great weekend!

Regards,
    Yigit

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘2 video on page, one will no longer load’ is closed to new replies.