Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • #22784

    I downloaded the 1.4 upgrade. As others have remarked, the version number in style.css is still 1.3.1. A bit confusing, but easily remedied.

    The bug with the wide stretched layout on iPads and IPhones hasn’t been resolved. Also, my custom post types now list their custom taxonomies in the post meta, as though they are regular categories. And the archive pages for custom taxonomies stopped working…


    And another thing: the new template builder elements Product Grid and Product Slider (as mentioned in the release notes) are nowhere to be found, as far as I can tell.




    1) Yes we changed the category listing in 1.4 because some users requested custom taxonomy support and this would not be possible with the get_categories function (which just works with posts). If you don’t want to display certain taxonomies/terms you can use the avf_exclude_taxonomies filter to remove these taxonomies. Add following code to the bottom of functions.php:

    add_filter('avf_exclude_taxonomies', 'avia_exclude_tax', 10, 3);
    function avia_exclude_tax($tax,$post_type,$id){
    $tax[] = 'mytaxonomy';
    return $tax;

    Instead of “mytaxonomy” insert the name of the taxonomy you want to exclude. If you want to exclude several taxonomies use:

    $tax[] = 'mytaxonomy';
    $tax[] = 'mysecondtaxonomy';

    2) I tested the archive page and it works just fine for me. Please make sure that you updated all theme files (especially archive.php and the config-templatebuilder folder).

    3) The new elements won’t work without WooCommerce. Please activate it and the elements will appear.


    1) Right, I see. Okay, no problem.

    2) I checked archive.php and the config-templatebuilder folder. They are both up to date.

    Category archives work fine, but archiver for custom taxonomies produce a page with nothing but the title.

    3) Of course. I could have thought of that myself…

    That just leaves the bug with the wide layout on iOS devices.




    Yes, Kriesi will look into it when he’s back. I can’t test the css on IOs devices and we need to wait for him.

    Re 2) I still can’t reproduce the problem. I just tested it with the portfolio_entries taxonomy (by deleting the taxonomy-portfolio:entries.php) and the standard archive showed all portfolio entries of the selected term. Please create me a wordpress admin account and send me the login data to: (Email address hidden if logged out) – I need to debug this issue first hand…


    The problem with archive pages has been solved, thanks to the never ending efforts of the Dude. The fix will probably be incorporated in the next update.

    I can’t praise the support at Kriesi enough: quick, knowledgeable, effective.



Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘1.4 upgrade a bit wonky’ is closed to new replies.