Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1246347

    After updating 4.7.5 to 4.7.6.3, the anchor links of tabs in the Tabs Element broken (versions 4.7.6, 4.7.6.1, 4.7.6.2 not tested).

    Standard links that are used by default look like this:
    …/page/#tab-id-1
    …/page/#tab-id-2

    After updating, an extra element is added to the link:
    …/page/#tab-id-1-active
    …/page/#tab-id-2-active

    This leads to the failure of many links that are already in use.
    Please help fix this bug.

    #1247132

    Hey sckye,

    Thank you for using Enfold.

    This is not a bug. The change of the url hash was necessary because we added aria support for tabs and to fix a problem with FF breaking layout and a scrolling bug.

    If you do not care about that you can remove it:

    In enfold\config-templatebuilder\avia-shortcodes\tabs\tabs.js line 110:

    
    window.location.replace( new_loc + '-active' );
    

    replace with:

    
    window.location.replace( new_loc );
    

    But we would not recommened that.

    Best regards,
    Günter

    #1247618

    Hey Günter,
    I suspected that this was not a bug, but when presented how much would need to fix, decided that it was better to clarify whether this was the case.

    We used these links in advertising, responses to comments, and, most importantly, emails to our partners. If you can fix everything in ads and comments, then you can’t fix it in sent emails.

    Of course, there is a chance that we are the only ones who have used these links, but it is also possible that many people have not noticed the changes or have not updated yet.

    According to a preliminary estimate, I need to make changes to 27,416 links.

    Is it possible for you to make changes (add Аria support, fix a problem with FF) and save tab-id-1 at the same time?

    #1249360

    Hi,

    Sorry for the late reply.

    Yes, I found a solution. Will be in next update.

    Meanwhile you can replace enfold\config-templatebuilder\avia-shortcodes\tabs\tabs.php and tabs.js with the content of the files:

    https://github.com/KriesiMedia/enfold-library/blob/master/temp_fixes/Enfold_4_7_6_3/tabs/tabs.js
    https://github.com/KriesiMedia/enfold-library/blob/master/temp_fixes/Enfold_4_7_6_3/tabs/tabs.php

    If you need help let us know and we can do it for you.
    Do not forget to make a backup of the original files for a fallback.

    Best regards,
    Günter

    #1249380

    Hi,
    I’m very glad that you found a solution and I don’t have to redo everything. Replaced files works fine.
    Looking forward to update.
    Thank you ever so much.

    #1249595

    Hi,

    Thank you for the feedback and glad we could help you.

    Feel free to come back when you need further assistance and enjoy the theme.
    Have a great day.

    Best regards,
    Günter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tab Element аnchor links broken’ is closed to new replies.