Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have two little problems with the menu:
    the active status is not working on the second level – the first level menu is fine. How can I fix it?

The color of the mobile menue is ugly – I want to have it with font color #30302f for the hover / active state where the background-color is yellow. How can it be solved? I didn’t find the correct part in css.

How can I have a header image on the pages where categories, archives etc. are listed?

The search field in the main menue looks very ugly with the colors now. I want to have a white background and #30302f for the font – how to adress it in css?

I want to have the wigdet named “Anstehende Veranstaltungen” from the calendar look like “Besondere Informationen”. Is it possible to design it with css?

Some articles have a “read more” tag, but they show the text “like they want to”, e.g. “Theatergruppe” on the home page. Some don’t show a short text. What is wrong or how can I adjust it?

Kind regards,
    Kati

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by KittenAdmin.

Hey Katja,
    Thank you for the link to your site, on your first level menu items they are blue until mouse-over then they are yellow, but the backend of the second level is already yellow so what colors do you want the mouse-over and active page second level menu items to be?
    mobile devices don’t have a mouse-over function, if you want the first level active menu items to have a yellow background you could try this CSS in your Enfold Theme Options ▸ General Styling ▸ Quick CSS field:

#top #wrap_all #av-burger-menu-ul li.current-menu-item a {
        background-color: #fff236;
    }

but second level mobile menu items all share the same background color.
    To add the header image to your category pages try the Unique Headers plugin.
    For your search field try this CSS in your Enfold Theme Options ▸ General Styling ▸ Quick CSS field:

#top .header_color .avia-search-tooltip input[type='text']#s {
    	background-color: #fff;
    	color: #30302f;
    }

Fot your widget item, try this CSS in your Enfold Theme Options ▸ General Styling ▸ Quick CSS field:

#top #wrap_all .main_color .tribe-events-widget-events-list__header-title {
        color: #c3512f;
        text-align: left;
        font-size: 16px;
        font-weight: 600;
    }
    #top .main_color .tribe-events-widget-events-list__header-title {
        border-style: solid;
        border-width: 1px;
        border-color: rgb(235, 232, 226);
        padding: 10px 0;
        border-left: none;
        border-right: none;
        margin-bottom: 15px;
    }

For your last question, some items have text some don’t they are not the same.
    Please note that we kindly ask that each thread is for a single topic, it is hard to manage threads with many questions, typically it causes confusion when other Mods try to help or when clients answer but are not so clear, Thank you for your patience and understanding and for using Enfold.

Best regards,
    Mike

Hello Mike,
    I don’t understand what you want to say. Of course mobile devices don’t have a mouse-over function.

What I want for the website is best shown in pictures:

The first level page “Ortsbeirat” has a yellow background in the menu. On a second level page “Ankündigungen & Aktuelles”, the menue items background color in the menu is not yellow – but it should be.

How can all pages and posts have the correctly active menu color in yellow?

And for the mobile version: the font color of menu should be black, of course – not white.

An other question, because I failed: how can I show the “Kalender anzeigen” in the widget designed like the “Alle Veranstaltungen” Button?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
    Kati

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by KittenAdmin.

Hi,
    When I check your mobile menu items they do not include any attributes, such as the proper classes:
    Enfold_Support_5412.jpeg
    The parent menu items have classes, but all menu items should have classes, I also don’t know why each menu item is wrapped in a “sub-menu” ul
    this is what they should look like:
    Enfold_Support_5414.jpeg
    note that the current menu item has the class current-menu-item this is what tells the css to highlight it, without classes it won’t work.
    Your desktop menu seems to be correct.
    So I don’t know if this is a plugin conflict or if you have some customization in your child theme because the theme editor is not showing so I can’t see the child theme functions.php.
    Do you know if you have any customizations that might remove the classes?
    Do you want to create a staging site for us the test on?

Best regards,
    Mike

Hello Mike,
    I have a separate menu for mobiles – that is one possibility in Enfold and perhaps it causes this?

“So I don’t know if this is a plugin conflict or if you have some customization in your child theme because the theme editor is not showing so I can’t see the child theme functions.php.”
    What do you mean?

“Do you know if you have any customizations that might remove the classes?”
    I even don’t know how to do it – if I did it was not conscious…

“Do you want to create a staging site for us the test on?”
    That would be the best to get the problems fixed, but the file size of the site is 10 GB… I can’t clone it easily…

Kind regards,
    Kati

Hi,
    You write that you are using a separate menu for mobiles but when I check your menus the “Mobil” menu only has two items:
    Enfold_Support_5445.jpeg
    and your theme option for using a separate mobile menu is not activate
    Enfold_Support_5447.jpeg
    so how are you adding the separate mobile menu?
    Also I can’t vew your child theme functions.php file because the theme editor is not an option:
    Enfold_Support_5441.jpeg

Best regards,
    Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.