Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • #6165

    hey i checked the theme and i get 1 error saying

    DOCTYPE Override in effect!

    The detected DOCTYPE Declaration "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "">" has been suppressed and the DOCTYPE for "XHTML 1.0 Strict" inserted instead, but even if no errors are shown below the document will not be Valid until you update it to reflect this new DOCTYPE.


    The document located at <> was tentatively checked as XHTML 1.0 Strict. This means that with the use of some fallback or override mechanism, we successfully performed a formal validation of it. In other words, the document would validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict if you changed the markup to match the changes we have performed automatically, but it will not be valid until you make these changes.

    can you change something to avoid this error?



    please see this. No errors come up.


    cool i don’t know why but now the error is gone!

    how do i fix this warning at

    Byte-Order Mark found in UTF-8 File.

    The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to cause problems for some text editors and older browsers. You may want to consider avoiding its use until it is better supported.

    best regards


    You can use tools like notepad++ to save your php files in standard iso format (in your case template_contact.php is saved as utf-8 file instead iso western) – this will resolve the error. However it won’t effect search engines, etc. anyway.


    hey dude – that’s a nice editor!

    where do i exactly change the php to iso western. i tried to go to “kodierung”-“zeichensatz”-“westeuropäisch”

    and took “iso8859-1”

    i replaced the template_contact.php but revalidating still brings up the warning.



    Try to save header.php, footer.php and sidebar.php with “iso8859-1” – maybe one of them effects the coding too. If you’re using a plugin/shortcode on this page check if its code causes the warning.


    hey dude – i found it.

    it was the functions.php that had only utf8. all the other files are fine.

    maybe because i inserted a few lines from the wordpress backend.

    it was enough to convert the functions.php to “utf8 without BOM”. now everything is strict without a warning.

    thanks and best regards


    Glad that you found the “bad boy” :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ error’ is closed to new replies.