February 4, 2012 at 10:27 pm #8896
Hi, i just installed angular theme, but I have some problems with 2 plugins and wp comments:
– Facebook OpenGraph > Doesn’t show box configurator to insert data on New Portfolio Item
– All in One Seo Pack > Doesn’t show box configurator to insert data on New Portfolio Item
– WordPress Comments > It shows box where I check enable comments, but on FrontEnd there aren’t comments.
Why post portfolio managment isn’t same that page wordpress managment?
Can I add these features on my Portfolio?
StefanoFebruary 5, 2012 at 8:59 am #62784
Portfolio Posts are so called “custom post type” and “custom post types they are supported by all well coded plugins. I’ve found several opengraph plugins: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=Facebook+OpenGraph which can be used instead of “Facebook OpenGraph”. Ths plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook-awd/ looks promising.
Instead of All in one seo use: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/ – it’s better than AiO Seo and works with custom post types too (it’s my favorite seo plugin: https://kriesi.at/support/topic/useful-plugins ).
That’s a theme related issue. You need to modify the theme files a bit to activate the comments. Open up single-portfolio.php and replace:
//wordpress function that loads the comments template "comments.php"
comments_template( '/includes/comments.php');February 6, 2012 at 2:16 pm #62785
your info are greatful! WordPress Seo Plugins is very good and it includes Facebook OpenGraph meta :-)
I have last two questions:
– Some images on portfolio page don’t respect width and height, you can see them at this link http://www.stefanofattori.it/
I don’t understand because images of websites category are ok while those of software images are different. I uploaded images in the same
– Default RSS Feed don’t include portfolio items, there is a specific plugin?
The topic ‘Plugins Compatibility and WP Comments’ is closed to new replies.