Is there a way to format the author archive page?
In other themes, clicking on the author name brings you to a page with user bio, etc. and a UL of posts by the same user/author. In Flagship it seems the full posts are pulled up. Which file might we edit to fix this? If nothing else, I would like to just show the linked titles of the posts (not the_content or meta data, etc.
If you want to disable the links refer to this solution: https://kriesi.at/support/topic/remove-author-archive-page/#post-312160
I’m sorry I didn’t see this response until just now. I’ll try to describe my issue again. Here is the live example:
1) Note that this is what pulls up when you click on the AUTHOR of a blog post.
2) I’d like to figure out how to format these author pages.
3) Currently it looks like this:
– “Author Archive for: Author Name”
– FULL text of each post by the author
– no pagination.
4) Ideally it would look something like this:
– Author Name
– Bio (which is entered in the user profile)
– Hyperlinked list of all posts attributed / written / posted by that author in chronological order (newest at top).
So I’d like to create a custom template for it, so it’s different from the other archive pages. Where would I do this? Thank you!!!
I think I figured it out — had to create an author.php and all the associated files. Thanks!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.