Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi team,

Im suddenly getting a 403 error on three font files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nczcv1glgjw0r07/Screenshot%202015-10-28%2016.28.51.png?dl=0

Have disabled all plugins, disabled and refreshed browser cache. still there

Checked all file and folder permissions…folders 755, files 644

Re-uploaded a new theme files via FTP overwriting enfold folder.

Im working on a few sites at the minute, I added ithemes security to them and Im wondering if this has added something to htaccess that I’m overlooking and is preventing the fonts from loading…all my arrows have disappeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ric

Hi Ric!

Yes, that can be something with security and htaccess.
    Can you please disable it so we can check if it is possible to be fixed?

Best regards,
    Basilis

Hi Basilis,

Disable the plugin or the htaccess??

Cheers man

Hi!

please disable all plugins to check if things get better for you. Also make sure to use newest theme and WordPress version.

Best regards,
    Andy

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I have de-activated all plugins. Installed the latest Enfold update too (3.4.1). The issue is still there.

I think its htaccess related. Deleting themes security doesn’t remove the permissions it writes so there is something preventing the fonts from loading, I know it writes to the database too (however I don’t have access to this at present – otherwise I would completely remove all ithemes and start fresh with the settings)…will try to get this tomorrow.

Any help in pointing me to the correct part of the htaccess file would be great. You can view when logged in here

Sucuri Security > Access file integrity

Thanks

Hi!

there might be some corrupted theme files, which are staying when you simply overwrite theme files. So delete all theme files completely via FTP, before getting a fresh copy from your themeforest account. Hope this will help!

Cheers!
    Andy

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately that didn’t work either.

I have managed to get access to the database, removed all ithemes security entries and cleaned up the htaccess file also.

The problem is still there I get a 403 on the three font files!

I have checked permissions on every folder and file in the structure leading to those font files and all seem correct.

Any suggestions?

Hey!

can u check the backend access, not working now, please.
    I will give it a look

Best regards,
    Basilis

Hi Basilis,

Please try again, I have allowed temporary access.

Thanks

Hi!

try to put this code inside your .htaccess file:

<FilesMatch “\.(ttf|otf|woff)$”>
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    # BEGIN WordPress

# END WordPress

Best regards,
    Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a modified htaccess can i post the content here?

I added your code to the bottom of all code, doesn’t seem to have worked, does it need to sit in a specific part of the file?

I have also just deleted the Enfold theme and uploaded the latest 3.4.2…no change

Thanks

Ric

Hi!

did you clear browser cache and hard refreshed afterwards a few times?

Cheers!
    Andy

Hi

Yes Andy…first thing I tried :) …Im stumped.

Cheers

Ric

Hey!

ok, try to add this css tags into QuickCSS at the enfold options/general styling. Change xxx into your domain.

@font-face {font-family: ‘entypo-fontello'; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;
    src: url(‘http://www.xxx/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/assets/fonts/entypo-fontello.eot?v=3′);
    src: url(‘http://www.xxx/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/assets/fonts/entypo-fontello.eot?v=3#iefix’) format(‘embedded-opentype’),
    url(‘http://www.xxx/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/assets/fonts/entypo-fontello.woff?v=3′) format(‘woff’),
    url(‘http://www.xxx/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/assets/fonts/entypo-fontello.ttf?v=3′) format(‘truetype’),
    url(‘http://www.xxx/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-template-builder/assets/fonts/entypo-fontello.svg?v=3#entypo-fontello’) format(‘svg’);
    } #top .avia-font-entypo-fontello, body .avia-font-entypo-fontello, html body [data-av_iconfont=’entypo-fontello’]:before{ font-family: ‘entypo-fontello'; }

Cheers!
    Andy

Hi

Appreciated the effort

No luck with that either unfortunately

Cheers

Hi!

ask your host if they are using any kind of caching on your server.

Best regards,
    Andy

Will check with them and get back to you, thanks.

I take it if there is a cache then this needs refreshing?

Cheers

Ric

Hey!

tell them to switch off caching at all.

Regards,
    Andy

Ok, have done. It will probably be Monday now by the time I hear back from them. Will update once I have an answer.

Thanks

Ric

Hi!

alright. I will let this thread open for you. Hope they can help you soon!

Cheers!
    Andy

Hi Andy,

After all this… I embarrassed to say that I had uploaded a duplicate htaccess file to the wp content folder by mistake, so even though I had cleaned up the one in the root folder, the file in the wp content folder had code preventing the fonts loading!

Too many late nights at the screen!

I appreciate your time and effort, once again thanks!

Regards

Ric

Hi!

so everything’s working for you now?

Let us know if you still need help with this issue.

Best regards,
    Andy

Hi Andy.

Sorry…Yes everything is now working, can’t believe it was something so simple.

You can close the thread.

Thanks

Ric

Hey!

Glad you could fix it. Let us know in a new ticket if you have some more questions related to the theme. We are happy to assist you.

Cheers!
    Andy

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘403 Error Entypo/Fontello fonts’ is closed to new replies.