Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gday enfold forum
    I have used enfold for a long time and have noticed the recent v4.0.2 installtion has more predetermined content in the basic installation.
    I never load demo content, as it has to be removed, and gets time-consuming, error prone and unneccessary if I can avoid it.
    I enjoyed the simplicity of previous installs, where I only had to remove suggested widget content, and one sample page.
    But now there seems to be (by default) a home page, about page, a ‘top menu’ and ‘social links menu’, custom items in my ‘recent items’ menu area, multiple images of food and whatnot in the media library.
    Is this normal now? That I have to remove even from the base installation, and waste my time?
    From what I can tell, I haven’t made any choices that would pre-fill those areas.
    If an admin is reviewing this, and if the above is the new default, can I please have an explanation, and hopefully a faster way to get a clean installation?
    cheers
    Darryl

Hey itchybrain,

The most recent version is 4.0.4 and it the installation is empty unless you import some demo. Was that a clean WordPress installation or it had some info in it?

If you need further assistance please let us know.
    Best regards,
    Victoria

Hi Victoria, thanks for your reply. I only ever download the updates from Themeforest, so I can’t determine why it would have any other data, as per my description, there were lots of elements pre-installed. It’s happened to my 2 latest installs. I’ll try 4.0.4 and see how it goes. Thank you for your reply.
    cheers
    Darryl

Hi Darryl,

I was wrong in the minor version number, sorry, it was 4.0.5 :) Let us know how it worked for you.

Best regards,
    Victoria

Hi Darryl,

I was wrong in the minor version number, sorry, it was 4.0.5 :) Let us know how it worked for you.

Best regards,
    Victoria

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.