Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    having 1/3+1/3+1/3 columns looking great on PC, but on ipad and on smaller screens the 1/3+1/3+1/3 not looking so great (because text is cut of in every column) – maybe it would be great if I could turn them into 1/1 + 1/1 + 1/1 “columns” for smaller screens like ipad and mobile views or some other solution, because right now it’s not so great :-(

site info in private content

OH . . .btw. when looking at this on a PC with google chrome and scaling the chrome window, it still looks amazing and goes into 1/1 columns on small screens, just as I wanted ! – but on my IPad this is not the case ! (using default safari browser).

Hi!

That is really strange.
    Can you let us know which iPad are you using and what size the screen is?

Thanks a lot

Cheers!
    Basilis

iPad MD787KN/A
    Screen resolution is 768 x 1024

tested using Safari and google chrome on this iPad – also with “private” browsing to avoid any browser caching etc.

tested using my samsung mobile phone – looks OK there also (1/1 columns instead of 1/3 columns displayed correctly)

Hi,

Please try the following in Quick CSS under Enfold->General Styling:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1024px) {
    .home #services .av_one_third {
        width: 100% !important;
        margin-left: 0 !important;
    }
    }

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi Rikard,

now correctly 1/1 columns in iPad – but now spacing betwwen the 3 first columns are off (no spacing) – the last 3 columns look ok.

Hi,

Please add a top margin.

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) and (min-width: 768px) {
    .home #services .av_one_third {
        width: 100% !important;
        margin-left: 0 !important;
        margin-top: 50px;
    }
    }

Best regards,
    Ismael

wow – now it’s looking great on iPad also – thank you !!

Ismail, is this something that will be corrected in Enfold CSS in general in next version (I assume this is a general CSS “bug”) ?

Hi,

Great, glad we could help :-)

Yes, hopefully there will be a fix out for it in a future release.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Yes, especially if you report it back to the developers :-)

Hi,

We’re aware of the problem :-)

Best regards,
    Rikard

Hi,
    I am having the same display issues using 1/3 1/3 1/3 on ipad too.
    I have tried the 2 snippets above but with no luck.
    I would like the 3 columns to switch out to 1/1 on iPad.
    Thanks,
    Jake

Is this bug fixed in the new Enfold update that has just been released ????

and if not (as it does not seem to be mentioned in the changelog)…. why oh why will you not correct this bug ??

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by solsikkehaven.

Doesn’t look like it. I’ve updated to 3.8.2 and having the same issue.

Hi,

it’s not really a bug, just something which Kriesi could improve in the future. However, real bugs (things causing the theme to not work at all anymore) have always priority. This issue can be fixed using a small css snippet.

@jakejauhari

I checked your website (s. screenshot in Private Content), but can’t find the elements you’re talking. Please provide us a precise link and a screenshot highlighting what’s going on for you.

Best regards,
    Andy

Hi Andy,
    I moved away from 1/3 1/3 1/3.
    Redid a few sections using 1/4 1/4 1/2 instead.
    Cheers,
    Jake

Hi Jake,

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Please let us know if you should need any further help on the topic.

Best regards,
    Rikard

Andy writes
    “it’s not really a bug, ” and stating that “This issue can be fixed using a small css snippet.”

I disagree. I understand that it does not BREAK the theme, but the responsive design is broken and this should be fixed. Even though a work-around (CSS snippet) has been provided, you should find root-cause and fix the theme asap.

So I, as a customer, disagrees completely and I’m really very surprised, that the KRIESI team didn’t just fix the issue right away.

So I guess we have to agree to disagree :-(

Hi,

alright. Have in mind that Kriesi is very busy and I’m sure he will implement a fix for this soon. However, first things first and there are some other things which much bigger priority.

Best regards,
    Andy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 not looking good (on my website) on mobile’ is closed to new replies.